Blast from the Past

I was wondering if Zin security program in the simulation can be changed into gangs, or rival groups in general, from previous games. You know give the game that feeling of nostalgia. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Ronin, Vice Kings, Masako agents or even Saints, superpowered or otherwise, jump out of those access portals. (and fighting them, obviously). And perhaps replace the Warden with a fully superpowered villian of the player's choice.

Sorry if there is already a mod like this. Too lazy to check.

It's Miku Hatsune's Past Gang spawning mod.

I know that mod. It just adds them.

My "NPC Behaviour and Spawn Mod" also brings back past gangs, plus revamping the spawns and AI, as well as introducing crazy shit like superpowered enemies.

I know your mod. What I am asking is: A mod that changes the Zin to gangs or law enforcement from the past games instead of just adding them. I am not saying yours is not a good mod and while it's crazy fun, triply with a full party, it is not quite what I am looking for. In the previous games, there were two types of Notoriety, Gang and Law Enforcement. In SRIV, the former is eliminated owing to the fact that there are no gangs. So only Notoriety is Security Programs. The thing I'd like to see specifically is Gang and Law Enforcement to return to the game, by changing the Zin. I think I remember a mod that makes STAG appear in the place of Zin, though I never tried it myself. I can't impossible.

The point is beating that sense of repetition while racking up your Notoriety.

EDIT: It doesn't have to be past gangs, either. It can be DLC enemies as well. Namely, Gimp Enforcers, Gingerbread Men or Space Amazons.

Last edited:
It wouldn't be possible right now to add separate notoriety levels for each gang, unfortunately. It could be possible to replace the police/zin notoriety spawns with different gangs for each level, but that's a lot of work and I probably won't bother with that until the SDK is out. DLC characters loaded outside of the DLC missions also can't be done currently.

I could attempt it but like shitface said there would be no way to add the notoriety levels. however I am experienced in editing the characters.xtbl file. I may try this but there is one problem. my method of doing this would also change the appearance of them for everything. that includes on the zin ship. if I do this I will most likely change zinyak to jyunchi or phillipe. one other problem would be you could not install homie mods with this unless you merged them, however that wouldn't be too hard and I would most likely release a merged version of my new saints mod and this mod if I made it. either way, it sounds interesting, and I plan to attempt this.
EDIT : here you go http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/revenge-of-the-ronin-v1-00.6393/ only problem is I am on a different computer right now, so I couldn't test it. the only reason I could make this right now is because I changed the characters.xtbl from my new saints mod.

Last edited:
Back