Saints Row IV (Audio Format Differences?) Importing Personas from Saints Row: The Third

I've been attempting to add more variety to the world in SRIV with more personas. As I suspected - simply placing a voice package in voices.vpp_pc does not work; Now, if I remember correctly, you guys said that the audio format is different in SRIV. In addition to that, I noticed that the SR:TT "imported" personas have 5 or so additional voice lines (are those used on glitched peds?).

Did you guys import more voices but couldn't include them due to memory reasons? If there's any existing packaging of those personas ready to be used in SRIV they'll be highly appreciated.

Yeah, we trimmed down the voice a bit to save space. Unfortunately instead of cutting whole personas, we cut a little bit out of every persona. Ended up saving more memory while maintaining variety by getting rid of the least commonly played lines (some line situations were never triggered, others as low as 1% of players ever heard them).

BUT there should still be a handful of unused personas. I'll get more details for ya when I'm back in the office tomorrow.

Yeah, I noticed that there are plenty of lines we never actually hear in-game (some are even related to events in SR:TT - I assumed that peds were to say different things regarding what's happening in the city like in SR2). It'd be great if we could get these because we're not as limited as the consoles are luckily. I keep getting visions of the Jenna lines during my sleep... that must be unhealthy.

I don't think the format changed as much as what was in them like Ellix said. This means you couldn't directly take one persona from SR3 and drop it into SR4 unless you remove the lines we removed. I am not sure how that would be accomplished.

I definitely understand, I was sure that the personas would be incompatible (as their structure is different).

Ellix gave me hope when he said that you might have some more personas laying around. I just think it would be really great if we could have them - if that's not too rude of a request. If those files are in a working state and compatible with SRIV then in theory we could just inject them back into the game pretty quickly.

The news is that I haven't really checked... DLC work has been creepin' up. I'll find time for it though.

Would it be possible to port Genki's audio persona from SRTT to SRIV soon ?:eek:
genkismily2.png
:confused::p:D
sr4GenkiPtavC.png

Last edited:
Back