Saints Row IV Any way to change the map?

I'm trying to get started on a modpack (and some other mods from scratch) for SRIV and the goal is to make the game more like SR1. However, the city of Steelport is kinda boring and I wanted to know if there is a way port a city/map from one game to SRIV and replace Steelport (I was thinking San Andreas from GTA V). I know not all games are made the same so it would be impossible to just rip one map out and replace it with another but there must be some way to convert it to a different format and then put it in SR. I know interactable objects (like doors) and textures would get in the way. But if those were removed from the map and all that was left was just the models with collision and their respective textures in whatever format SRIV uses or in one that could be converted to that format (then have physics added to objects then rework all of the waypoint and npc spawning stuff) would it be possible? I probably sound stupid 'cause I have no experience with making mods for games other than Super Smash Bros. Melee (which is really easy) and I don't think I'm using the right terminology either but I think you understand what I'm trying to say.

I don't think that is possible unless Volition decides to create a world editor for the game because we don't have tools that are able to modify the geometry of the game.

There is no way to edit map because we don't have tools and Volition won't release anything new for Saints Row games.
If you want to make IV look more like SR1 you can always change city textures, add new TODs (time of the day colors), add new clothes/weapons based on previous games.

Back