All Motorbikes handling mod

This is a mod to change all the motorbikes handling to make them more enjoyable to ride.

acknowledgements:
to Hobbs for his mods on the bloody cannoness and X-2 Phantom bikes.
https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/index.php?threads/sr3-bike-handling-mod.1081/

to rlilewis for his mod on the Kenshin Bike.
https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/index.php?threads/kenshin-bike-overhaul.389/

I looked at what they did, liked the principle, and decided to do my own mod based on the following considerations:

-I wanted to be able to fall from huge heights, like when you jump from the elevated roads at bridges, without systematically being thrown off the bike.
-I wanted to have a more controlled handling at low speeds
-I wanted to have a more controlled handling at high speeds
-I wanted to modify a minimal number of settings and not tweak the bikes further.
-I wanted to adjust all the motorbikes.

So I ended up:

-jacking up the wheels spring resistances [Wheel_Spring_Max_Force] to crazy values.
-substantially lowering the leaning angle and speed at which leaning occurs [Max_Lean_Angle and Max_Lean_Speed]
-generally lowering the steering responsiveness [Max_Steering_Angle and Max_Speed_Steering]

I did not modify other aspects of the bikes, with one exception. I kept rlilewis's change for the Kaneda sound so that it doesn't keep revving through the gears, once it hits max speed.

Like it was mentionned in at least one of the other bike handling mods, I recommand getting Shitface's 'Non-Greasy Motorcycles' mod, which vastly improves the 2 wheel experience by making it more difficult to get knocked off your bike.
https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/index.php?threads/non-greasy-motorcycles.497/

I have two different mods, one for nervous handling, and the other for a tighter handling. You can mix and match and decide to pick the nervous version of some bikes, and the tighter version of the other bikes. In the tight version, the bike reacts slower or with less intensity, and you can thus keep your fingers a little longer on the direction keys compared to the nervous version. It is more relaxed, you have more fine control over the steering of the bike.

For those that want to mix and match between my 2 mods, here is a correspondance of the filenames to the bike names:

bike_bc01_veh.xtbl Bloody Cannoness
bike_cyber01_veh.xtbl X-2 Phantom
bike_dirt01_veh.xtbl SandStorm
bike_exotic01_veh.xtbl Kaneda
bike_moped01_veh.xtbl WidowMaker
bike_rocket02_veh.xtbl Kenshin
bike_standard02_veh.xtbl Estrada
bike_exotic01_genki_veh.xtbl Angry Tiger

edit: updated with new version of both mods. Small adjustments to the handling. Also added bike Angry Tiger from Genki Girl Pack.

Attachments

• SR3_motorbikes_tight_handlingV3.7z
    5.6 KB · Views: 4,599
  • SR3_motorbikes_nervous_handlingV3.7z
    5.6 KB · Views: 1,960
Thank you! Finally i can have some real fun driving motorcycles using the thight version: tron cycle has the best handling. Now i can't stop driving moto!

Glad you like it!

I should install back the nervous handling versions to do a last bit of tweaking, but I am having too much fun with the tight handling versions right now. And yes, the tron bike is really pleasing to ride!

What are the differences between the nervous and tight handling versions?

Mainly, in the nervous handling, the bike is more sensitive to the keyboard input, making it react faster and thus forcing you to briefly touch the direction keys. It is more stressful [ but much less so than the default handling in the game].

Whereas, in the tight version, the bike reacts slower or with less intensity, and you can thus keep your fingers a little longer on the direction keys. It is more relaxed, you have more fine control over the steering of the bike.

Since I published the mods, I played more with both mods and have updated both to version 2. Small adjustments mainly.

Another update. I realized I was missing the Angry Tiger bike from the Genki Girl Pack. I had a steam coupon for a SR3 DLC, so I figured, why not.

The Angry Tiger is another 'reskin' of the Bloody Cannoness, same bike properties. So I copy pasted my changes and that was it.

The one thing noteworthy with this bike, is there is a weapon at the front. BUT, it is the flamethrower and it feels pretty useless at high speeds.

Thank you for your outstanding good work on this mod. :D
We all really appreciate all that you do to make this game so much better.;)

angrytigrbike1.png

I noticed that ALL of your work is done with a high standard level of excellence.:cool:

bikex2phntmprp.png

Back