Agility Mod

This is a response to the request by Benzine titled "Agility Mod??" in the request section found here:
http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/index.php?threads/agility-mod.542/

I've also been wondering about a mod like this. Agility would be really fun. Kinda like a Batman/Spiderman thing. Where you could just jump/climb up a building instead of trying to run away from them on the street. In any case, I found out that you could actually change the maximum height at which you climb a climbable wall. I set Max_climb_height at 1000. the default is 3.15. And there's this one spot in particular that I look cool at when I'm climbing. I also increased my sprint speed, so in the video, it might look legit.

(Btw, I did the modding in tweak_tool using bojan's SRTTXtblEditor found here:
http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/index.php?threads/xtbl-editor.238/
Trust me, when it comes to modding the tweak_tool, bojan's xtbl editor makes things MUCH easier to read! Thanks bojan!

The reason why I can only do it in this certain area is because up on the high ledge, there's actually a climbable fence. So she's not really jumping high, she's just got a higher maximum climbing limit. If I tried this on the side of a building, it wouldn't work. The trick to get this little mod to work is to jump at a climbable ledge, no matter how high it is. I'm still trying to figure out if it's even possible to climb onto buildings along with other high stuff. If all else fails, I'm still on a search on how to jump higher.

Nice any chance of a download coming soon?

I'd need the original "tweak_table" file. I'm actually experimenting off of another tweak_table file that mods something totally different. But I don't wanna be accused for running off of someone else's work. I'm just using their file as a reference. I took notes and so when I find the original tweak_table file, I'll just apply what I tweaked. THEN I'll upload my work. PLUS, this mod is still in progress. It just gives you the ability to climb high ledges that are actually climbable. Not buildings and such... yet...

Oh, this gave me a idea, dunno if it can be implemented at all though.
THose buildings and storage tanks with the fire escapes that annoyingly do not go to the ground?
It would be awesome to be able to jump to those to get to the top of the stairs/building.

One of mi cheesy past times I have engaged in is taking a chopper and crew to a building or sometimes
a storage tanker, landing there , and pinking away at other gangs that I've invited to a party.

SOmetimes it would be good to be able to run down the fire escape, jump to the ground, engage face to face, then
be able to climb back up.

I still dunno how to use those darned fire escapes. I keep trying but I STILL believe they can somehow be climbed, so I'm still working on that. Haha, but I do like your little cheesy past time. Sounds fun. I've taken joy in using the MOAB mod, destroying everything, causing trouble, and running up to the high area in my video. The only people who come up there are helicopters. It's fun to try and slap a satchel charge onto em. I still haven't gotten one onto a helicopter.

Alright, So I TRIED to combine my Agility and Strength mod into 1 file.
Please note that it's still a Mod in Progress. I'm still working on it, but I'll let you guys play around with it at your leisure.

Notes: 3/5/12
*Can only climb high RAILINGS and any other CLIMBABLE stuff.
*You can Swim faster, and Sprint faster. I still have yet to figure out how to jump higher.
*You knock people away a little further. It's tricky, but sometimes you can knock a car far away. Still trying to figure that out.

Attachments

• tweak_table.xtbl
    196.2 KB · Views: 4,017
can you make a separate version? cause i don't really want the strenght mod

Suggestion.
Zip these in named files before uploading so it will help people keep them straight, maybe include simple install instructions
for new-comers in the zip.
Example Agility and Strength Mod Combined v1.zip
Or some such. One other advantage to doing so you also have a extra layer of prevention and detection of data corruption
that can occur during transfers. Very rare, but it can happen. If one has a corrupt zip it will not open up. A corrupt ascii file
won't have a warning on opening.
I use 7zip here to create zips . It is free and works. I prefer making zips cause everyone has zip tools of some sort, over 7z archives.
For small stuff anyway.

Back