A Change of Ownership

mrsaintsgodzilla21

Administrator
Staff member
Hey everyone. I’m sure you’re aware of the events that have transpired over the last few weeks but in case you’re out of the loop, here’s a brief summary.

On February 9th, Saints Row YouTuber Flippy uploaded a video that revealed the troubled history of Saints Row 2’s PC Patch and exposed Minimaul’s contribution (or lack thereof) that essentially jeopardized the project. Less than 24 hours later, Minimaul deleted his mod tools from GitHub and shutdown Saints Row Mods for 5 hours. He has since come to his senses, restored the site, and is currently in works of handing ownership of SRM to MegaFreeman and myself. Besides some minor details that need to be finalized, the site has been officially transferred and Minimaul’s account has been deleted (at his request).

We have no intent to change the site in any way. We simply want to keep the site alive to honor Mike’s legacy and to have SRM remain a haven for the community to share their passion for the Saints Row series. Freeman and I understand it is a big responsibility to hold this position and we are honored to have the opportunity to keep SRM thriving.

As for concerns regarding an administrator hijacking Flippy’s SRM account to slander his character, we believe the issue has been resolved behind the scenes and the proper action has been taken against the responsible party. I assure you that an abuse of administrator power will NEVER happen again. This site is nothing without your trust and we apologies that it was ever tested.

Anyway, I hope this has cleared up any confusion you may have had. Feel free to ask me any questions you may have and I look forward to enjoying the site together.

- It’s our time now, let’s get this shit started

Glad to have y'all here!

Might not be the expected question, but...
Who's paying for hosting now?
I imagine a site with tons of uncompressed screenshot images along with mod downloads is not that cheap, so I'd atleast like to be thankful for them for taking the burden of doing so.
(If it's a security risk to tell it, you don't have to.)

Last edited:
Glad to have y'all here!

Might not be the expected question, but...
Who's paying for hosting now?
I imagine a site with tons of uncompressed screenshot images along with mod downloads is not that cheap, so I'd atleast like to be thankful for them for taking the burden of doing so.
Minimaul has already paid for this year and Freeman will be handling all future expenses.

Hey everyone. I’m sure you’re aware of the events that have transpired over the last few weeks but in case you’re out of the loop, here’s a brief summary.

On February 9th, Saints Row YouTuber Flippy uploaded a video that revealed the troubled history of Saints Row 2’s PC Patch and exposed Minimaul’s contribution (or lack thereof) that essentially jeopardized the project. Less than 24 hours later, Minimaul deleted his mod tools from GitHub and shutdown Saints Row Mods for 5 hours. He has since come to his senses, restored the site, and is currently in works of handing ownership of SRM to MegaFreeman and myself. Besides some minor details that need to be finalized, the site has been officially transferred and Minimaul’s account has been deleted (at his request).

We have no intent to change the site in any way. We simply want to keep the site alive to honor Mike’s legacy and to have SRM remain a haven for the community to share their passion for the Saints Row series. Freeman and I understand it is a big responsibility to hold this position and we are honored to have the opportunity to keep SRM thriving.

As for concerns regarding an administrator hijacking Flippy’s SRM account to slander his character, we believe the issue has been resolved behind the scenes and the proper action has been taken against the responsible party. I assure you that an abuse of administrator power will NEVER happen again. This site is nothing without your trust and we apologies that it was ever tested.

Anyway, I hope this has cleared up any confusion you may have had. Feel free to ask me any questions you may have and I look forward to enjoying the site together.

- It’s our time now, let’s get this shit started
Thanks for your response, mrsaintsgodzilla. I'm glad to see the situation is calming down and relieved to know that the site is now in good hands. I pray that situations like this do not occur again and people can be nice and friendly in this community. I'm wishing you and Freeman congratulations and all the best as the new owners of this community and I believe you will do the needful for providing a good and fair management and respect the trust we have for you. Thank you once again for what you did for the community and taking the helm.

Glad to have you piloting the ship, Godzilla! I've been enjoying your Youtube content for years now. You've always presented yourself well, and one only has to look as far back as your most recent video to see how passionate you still are for Saints Row. I have no problem trusting you with hosting my mods.

I'm unfamiliar with MegaFreeman, but I look forward to your first post here as an Admin!

A brief word on our previous Admins:
We've only had a couple of brief interactions, but Admixon has been nothing but helpful and direct with me in the past. And although I don't know Singa, I'd like to express appreciation for all the time they've spent running this site together, and for making SRM what it is today. Thank you, both!

Viva SRM!

Back