Is Microsoft bad?

Please be civil.

I have to say, the Xbox One is a huge disappointment to me, personally. I love the Xbox 360, but I feel that the Xbox One is quite the regression. They removed many useful features for no reason. Most importantly to me, System Link (offline co-op) and the ability to backup your saved games to a USB thumb drive. There are a lot more games I like on the Xbox 360, even now. My favorite way to play games is via local LAN co-op with my family. There are SO MANY games that support that on Xbox 360. There are a total of TWO on the Xbox One (Gears of War 4 and now Halo MCC). No, I never had an Xbox Gold membership, nor do I want one.

Window 10 is also a big disappointment to me. I feel it's a big regression from Windows 7. I don't want "Windows as a Service". I want to decide when I get updates -- not have Microsoft decide. I also think the Windows 10 user interface is ugly. I loved the way Windows 7 looked, and it was much more customizable. Windows 7 was also much more stable than Windows 10. The forced updates can cause games to suddenly stop working or behave differently, and people don't understand why a game that used to work no-longer works.

So, in my opinion, Microsoft is going in the wrong direction. I used to really like Microsoft, but I don't feel that way anymore. Right now, I feel they're just a necessary evil. I wish more games ran on Linux.

L O L

I never said they were, I literally claimed the shit they did with the xbox one when they announced it, xbox was lame this gen? YES :) They had no games? YES:) They havent done anything relevant, so if you compare to the shit the industry has been pulling with newer games, MS are just lads that have been trying to redo their mess.

You know everything so you probably are aware that the Xbox 360 was the leading console from the past gen right? the ps3 was way more powerful yes, but its inestability was what made it hard to develop games on this platform. (SR1 for example ;))

Sony redeemed theirselves with the PS4, and they won the gen, contrary to what happened on the last one.

You are literally shitting on game because it was released on a platform you dont like. And then blaming the devs for the franchise future just becase of this?

You claim intelligence, but im not sure if you cant read, or you are just another hater.

i didn't say i know everything, u can claim x360 were the leading console, i don't care if its made-up fact or whatsoever. drop down some proof if u wish.

what i initially said was, Microsoft is a disgraceful business, and u're praising how great one of their products is.
if u're born 20 years before xbox was released, then u would know more abt what shit they did since beginning, like what u claimed. :rolleyes:

simplified version:
back in the days,
they were the biggest, use their influence to bully & destroy smaller competiters, accused many hobbyists of stealing software etc.
so they kind of became the solecreater of the main softwares, overpriced them to milk the public cashcow.
yes some of this could be two decades ago,
with the rise of Apple, Google & Linux which microsoft failed to destory, some of its nasty history got forgotten but they're still trying to do it whenever they can.

a castrated rapist is still a cunt, he can't rape anymore does not mean he doesn't wish to.

they're still doing shit in the last decade, for example:
oh mature gamers u must know this, back in the days, u could just plug in any pc controllers u want to play a game.
microsoft again tries to use its influence to destroy small companies which make pc controllers,
just shut down direct input, enforce xinput, forcing pc gamers to buy microsoft xbox controllers, even though PC is not xbox.

decades after creation of pc games, xbox controllers copies PlayStation & Nintendo SNES, so they have the right to become the sole controller.

that's like if one day u can no longer use third party keyboards but only microsoft produced keyboards.

microsoft's business expansion:
Google is free but invades privacy, Microsoft is pricy and also starts to invade privacy
https://www.theguardian.com/technol...faces-criticism-over-privacy-default-settings

there are still some surviving competitors,
if you're an employer, three interviewers got the same qualification, one with rapist profile, the other two with clean backgrounds, easy choice!

btw the "blame" towards franchise is said in a jokingly way, if you don't have a sense of humour, then nevermind.

Last edited:
I remember the golden age of the Browser War back in the 1990's and Microsoft was using it's predatory monopoly against a small company called Netscape. In which the U.S. government accused Microsoft of illegally maintaining its monopoly position in the PC market primarily through the legal and technical restrictions it put on the abilities of PC manufacturers (OEMs) and users to uninstall Internet Explorer and use other programs such as Netscape and Java. At trial, the district court ruled that Microsoft's actions constituted unlawful monopolization under Section 2 of the Sherman Antitrust Act of 1890, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit affirmed most of the district court's judgments.

The plaintiffs alleged that Microsoft had abused monopoly power on Intel-based personal computers in its handling of operating system and web browser integration. The issue central to the case was whether Microsoft was allowed to bundle its flagship Internet Explorer (IE) web browser software with its Windows operating system. Bundling them is alleged to have been responsible for Microsoft's victory in the browser wars as every Windows user had a copy of IE. It was further alleged that this restricted the market for competing web browsers (such as Netscape Navigator or Opera), since it typically took a while to download or purchase such software at a store. Underlying these disputes were questions over whether Microsoft had manipulated its application programming interfaces to favor IE over third-party web browsers, Microsoft's conduct in forming restrictive licensing agreements with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), and Microsoft's intent in its course of conduct.

Unfortunately Netscape died. M$ have tried the same with Nintendo, Sega, and Sony in the past.

Fairly heated debate.

Microsoft has indeed performed some unscrupulous acts, as has Google and Apple. (MS's history with Apple is a very interesting story, would recommend reading about it.)

I don't like the push for X-as-a-Service subscription services MS seems to be aiming towards and I hope in future that more games are made compatible for Linux distros.

Fairly heated debate.

Microsoft has indeed performed some unscrupulous acts, as has Google and Apple. (MS's history with Apple is a very interesting story, would recommend reading about it.)

I don't like the push for X-as-a-Service subscription services MS seems to be aiming towards and I hope in future that more games are made compatible for Linux distros.
tbh i despise Google as much as MS, freaking privacy invader.
didn't interact with Apple as their products look stupid anyway.

I remember the golden age of the Browser War back in the 1990's and Microsoft was using it's predatory monopoly against a small company called Netscape. In which the U.S. government accused Microsoft of illegally maintaining its monopoly position in the PC market primarily through the legal and technical restrictions it put on the abilities of PC manufacturers (OEMs) and users to uninstall Internet Explorer and use other programs such as Netscape and Java. At trial, the district court ruled that Microsoft's actions constituted unlawful monopolization under Section 2 of the Sherman Antitrust Act of 1890, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit affirmed most of the district court's judgments.

The plaintiffs alleged that Microsoft had abused monopoly power on Intel-based personal computers in its handling of operating system and web browser integration. The issue central to the case was whether Microsoft was allowed to bundle its flagship Internet Explorer (IE) web browser software with its Windows operating system. Bundling them is alleged to have been responsible for Microsoft's victory in the browser wars as every Windows user had a copy of IE. It was further alleged that this restricted the market for competing web browsers (such as Netscape Navigator or Opera), since it typically took a while to download or purchase such software at a store. Underlying these disputes were questions over whether Microsoft had manipulated its application programming interfaces to favor IE over third-party web browsers, Microsoft's conduct in forming restrictive licensing agreements with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), and Microsoft's intent in its course of conduct.

Unfortunately Netscape died. M$ have tried the same with Nintendo, Sega, and Sony in the past.
the governments really should do something regarding Microsoft's attempt to maintain its monopoly position in the PC Gaming market, nowadays xbox controller is PC gaming's default...

the governments really should do something regarding Microsoft's attempt to maintain its monopoly position in the PC Gaming market, nowadays xbox controller is PC gaming's default...
Which reminds me of the old controllers that looked like a Sega Genesis controller. I remember the SG Propad 6 by InterAct, they had one like it for PC also.
maxresdefault.jpg

I missed them kind of controllers!

Which reminds me of the old controllers that looked like a Sega Genesis controller. I remember the SG Propad 6 by InterAct, they had one like it for PC also.
maxresdefault.jpg

I missed them kind of controllers!

that's a "wrong" controller, says Microsoft, Volition, many modern devs & baby gamers.
that's a "fake" controller, says Microsoft, Volition, many modern devs & baby gamers.

gosh modern era is so messed up.

Last edited:
Back