Third Person View 0.1

Updated to version 0.3
Moved fine aim camera so model isn't in the way when looking up.

Here are some before and after screenshots:

Updated to version 0.2
Moved the camera back so you can see all of the model.

This centres the camera and lifts it above the player model's head, ie third person view, rather than over the shoulder.

To install:
Extract camera_free.xtbl to your sr3 install folder:
..\steam\steamapps\common\saints row the third\

There's a few elements I've changed, so if you'd like specific information on what I've changed compare a nonmodified version with this one.
But basically, I've changed <x_shift>0.6</x_shift> to 0.0 (moving the camera to the centre of the player model)
And <y_dist>0.05</y_dist> to 0.5(moving the camera up over the player model's head), and <lookat_offset><Y>1.65</Y></lookat_offset> to 2.15 (moving the cursor so it isn't blocked by the player model's head).

If there are any issues, let me know.

On a side note, I have looked into first person view, but the animations move the player model a bit, like when moving forward, the model leans forward, and gets in the way when aiming(you see the back of the model's head). Also, while I could move the camera forward more, you still won't see the equipped weapons terribly well, if at all.

Attachments

• SR3_ThirdPersonView03.zip
    8.8 KB · Views: 3,890
omfg i love you non homo way could you fix it just a lil bit to show the players full body?

ok i think there might be a slight problem the crosshair is slightly to the left or is it just me standing or crouching it still dose not shot stright.

I've changed it so you can see the whole body now.

I'm not quite sure what you mean kaz050 about it not shooting straight. You still shoot at the crosshair. Perhaps it's because the model doesn't always face straight on, but the crosshair is centred(that's what the x_shift value does).

yeah kinda got sucked in too full blowen insaness with my character being all the way on the leftside not like i dident play this game more then 8+ times XD. but thanks malachor for the fix you life saver and the other small fix

The only issue I have with the latest version is when you're firing at helicopters above you, the view gets obscured by the back of the characters head. Is there anything I can change in the file that will make it so that the camera is offset and over the characters right shoulder when zoomed in? The way it is now it makes it hard to properly target chopper gunners. Thanks for the hard work on the mod!

This needs a before-after set of screenshots, side-by-side.
Regardless, thanks. I've been looking through the different POV mods, and this one might have nailed it, not sure yet.

Sorry it took me a few days to get back to this.
Anyway I've moved the fine aim camera so it sits directly above the model's head, so looking up isn't a problem.
And I've added some before and after pictures as well.

Back