My impressions

I have played a little this game and... the background with this SHIELD style superheroes organization is cool and the caracters are cool too but... its only a shooter :( I loved Saints Row. I know a lot of people said as a bad thing it was going to be another Saints Row but I would have loved if in fact it was another one.

A lot of us loved the superpower thing in Saints Row IV but, as you can see with mods petitions, we would love the superpowers in a real city like the one in Saints Row TT, not a virtual, strange lighted and glitched one. A lot of us would have loved to play with a brute as Oleg and all that is in AOM (Yeti!) but its not a Saints Row...

Its not about Saints Row characters but the game itself. Its no matter if we have diferents ones. They are cool. And new versions of the old ones would be great too. But it is like a simplified Saints Row... no weapons selection a a very simplifield version of weapons, vehicles and characters customization. I would like create my own characters. In a very little city with a lot of enemy bases that all of them like the same.

Its a pity. Perhaps they have tried to get new players who dont like Saints Row but I woul have loved if it was Saints Row: Agents of Mayhem. But it is not.

So making something different, something new that is not next sr game is bad? It's like complaining that Rockstar made Rdr instead of next GTA. Give Volition a chance.

Ok, can you imagine a Saints Row game with these characters, plot, etc... I do... Now what do you prefer? Agents of Mayhem or Saints Row: Agents of Mayhem? Thats the point. I like Agents of Mayem but I cant avoid think about what a cool game would be a Saints Row: Agents of Mayhem. This game is cool but I feel it are not giving me enough options are Saints Row gave me. So.. sorry I would prefer a Saints Row: Agents of Mayhem.

Ok, can you imagine a Saints Row game with these characters, plot, etc... I do... Now what do you prefer? Agents of Mayhem or Saints Row: Agents of Mayhem? Thats the point. I like Agents of Mayem but I cant avoid think about what a cool game would be a Saints Row: Agents of Mayhem. This game is cool but I feel it are not giving me enough options are Saints Row gave me. So.. sorry I would prefer a Saints Row: Agents of Mayhem.
I much prefer keeping Agents of Mayhem a totally separate IP like they did instead of bastardizing Saints Row. I think Volition made the right choice here. Agents of Mayhem is totally unique. Saints Row is totally unique. But I still hope they make a new Saints Row game in the same style as Saints Row 2 and Saints Row 3. That's what I really would love to see. Saints Row shouldn't have superheros. It's about real people. It's about life on the streets.

Last edited:
as someone who is a saints row fan, this is kinda a letdown from what i see. but, it's just a spinoff. it may not be a good spinoff, but it is just a spinoff. I sense we MAY get another saints row game in the future
I much prefer keeping Agents of Mayhem a totally separate IP like they did instead of bastardizing Saints Row. I think Volition made the right choice here. Agents of Mayhem is totally unique. Saints Row is totally unique. But I still hope they make a new Saints Row game in the same style as Saints Row 2 and Saints Row 3. That's what I really would love to see. Saints Row shouldn't have superheros. It's about real people. It's about life on the streets.

yes. life on the streets. that you can run around as a hot dog man and shoot people with raw sewage.
hello, i might be missing something, but saints row, even sr2, was NEVER that realistic to begin with.00
the story in sr2 was about the only "realistic" thing about that game. the saints haven't been a gang in years. sr3 they were a media empire that was partnered with ultor. and it had a heavy, HEAVY reliance on sex jokes.
saints row 4 is just sr3 but with less sex jokes, a greater emphasis on sci-fi.... and super powers.
and to be honest, i wouldn't have it any other way.

I love sr2 and 3. but 4 is the best in the series. my only complaint about 4 is they recycled the lifeless city of steelport.

sr4 still FELT like a saints row game at its core: create mayhem using a highly customizable protagonist and piss on law enforcement. with a vast array of options. it still had clever writing, and it still had likable characters.

agents of mayhem, from what i seen, has a worse story than sr3 did. it stripped back the customization and shrunk the city by a lot. it is a VERY DIET saints row type of game. and thats the problem.

keep your realism. i'll take a highly customizable super hero any day.

yes. life on the streets. that you can run around as a hot dog man and shoot people with raw sewage.
hello, i might be missing something, but saints row, even sr2, was NEVER that realistic to begin with.00
the story in sr2 was about the only "realistic" thing about that game. the saints haven't been a gang in years. sr3 they were a media empire that was partnered with ultor. and it had a heavy, HEAVY reliance on sex jokes.
You just described everything I loved about Saints Row 2 and 3.
saints row 4 is just sr3 but with less sex jokes, a greater emphasis on sci-fi.... and super powers.
and to be honest, i wouldn't have it any other way.
I love sr2 and 3. but 4 is the best in the series. my only complaint about 4 is they recycled the lifeless city of steelport.
You just described everything I hated about Saints Row 4.
sr4 still FELT like a saints row game at its core: create mayhem using a highly customizable protagonist and piss on law enforcement. with a vast array of options. it still had clever writing, and it still had likable characters.
I do agree the campaign felt like a Saints Row game and I liked the clever writing and likable characters too. I have no complaints about that (except that they blew up the Earth).
The CITY, however, is boring as hell compared to SR2 and SR3 (and even SR1). It doesn't feel alive at all (and it's not supposed to). And, to me, personally, a thriving and dynamic city with lots of interactive things to do is the most important part of any open world game. And when I say interactive, I don't mean just fighting bad guys. I tire of the fighting aspect rather quickly.
agents of mayhem, from what i seen, has a worse story than sr3 did. it stripped back the customization and shrunk the city by a lot. it is a VERY DIET saints row type of game. and thats the problem.

keep your realism. i'll take a highly customizable super hero any day.
Customization was always one of my favorite parts of Saints Row. That's what kept me here working on mods for it. But I'm so tired of superheros. Honestly, that's been done to death.
Even though people compared the older Saints Row games to GTA, they were very different. They had a style and clever adult humor that no other open world game had.
I'd like to go back to the days when Saints Row was truly unique. Not when it turned into a space sci-fi or superhero wanna be. That's already been done in SO MANY games (and movies). Leave the superheros to Marvel and DC.

Obviously, Volition is in a difficult situation because they'll never satisfy everyone. We all have our own opinions, which differ widely. The only thing that really matters is how many games they sell. Even though they haven't gone in the direction that I, personally, would have liked, time will tell. I wish them success.

EDIT: This is what I was afraid of: Big Layoffs Hit Agents of Mayhem Developer Volition

Last edited:
Back