Saints Row: The Third Saints Row The Third - Xbox One

So I've started playing Saints Row 4 again and was wondering if the devs are thinking of putting The Third on the Xbox One backwards compatibility list anytime? I'd really like to fight gangs and STAG again.

We need SR1 Backwards compatible, along with all the others. Me and a few people were thinking about reviving the game. Using our sr1 Xbox club as a base to start games and send invites. To bring back the row. Back when Saints Row was good.

We need SR1 Backwards compatible, along with all the others. Me and a few people were thinking about reviving the game. Using our sr1 Xbox club as a base to start games and send invites. To bring back the row. Back when Saints Row was good.
Would be nice, but Volition is now focused on agents of mayhem unfortunatly.

That's one of the reasons I will never get rid of my Xbox 360. Too many good games on that platform that aren't (and probably never will be) in backwards compatibility. Same with original Xbox (which I still use).

That's one of the reasons I will never get rid of my Xbox 360. Too many good games on that platform that aren't (and probably never will be) in backwards compatibility. Same with original Xbox (which I still use).
Same here for two of my favorite original Xbox games Unreal Championship and Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict.

Same here for two of my favorite original Xbox games Unreal Championship and Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict.
I just played the whole campaign for Mafia 1 on my original Xbox. I have Mafia 2 on Steam and loved that, but they don't offer Mafia 1 on Steam anymore. I heard so many good things about the first game, I really wanted to play it. Fortunately, a family member had his original Xbox Mafia 1 game, and I'm so glad I had a console to play it on. Great game! The Time Splitters games are some others that are only available on original Xbox. Great map builders in those games -- way ahead of their time! I've built so many maps with those and I can still play multiplayer on system link.

I hate to say "They don't make games like they used to", but there are some great features in some of those old games that you just can't find in any new games. I'm not sure why they remove fun things in new games. For example, in Mafia 1 you could ride all the streetcars and the trains -- literally -- not just teleporting like SR2. Then, Mafia 2, they had tracks but no trains, just like SR3. I see the same trend in Saints Row games. I just feel astounded that, even with such old graphics technology, these older games sometimes had more things to do than the new ones!

Last edited:
So I've started playing Saints Row 4 again and was wondering if the devs are thinking of putting The Third on the Xbox One backwards compatibility list anytime? I'd really like to fight gangs and STAG again.
i have also been wondering if Volition are thinking of remastering the SR series (excluding SR4 and GOOH) on PS4 and Xbox One. it would be great to revisit SR3, SR2 (on my PS4) and even get to play SR1. i really wanted to play SR1 on my PS3 but when i found out SR1 was only on Xbox 360, i was like "whatever, SR2 is similar to SR1 in a way." i also want PS4/Xb1 mods to be added with it (including SR4 and GOOH) and SR4 to be updated so we can download and upload our custom characters to the website instead of using the character slots that mess your character up and make your female characters have their default face again.

Back