Sandbox+ for SRTT

BTW, speaking of trainers, it would be cool if you could eventually make an in-game toggleable menu (possibly similar to the menu of the Simple Native Trainer for GTA IV) in a later release, of course the shortcut commands would still be good to have.

The problem is that the in-game menu system doesn't have access to most of the functions that are used in Sandbox+. So, we would need to create some kind of custom menu overlay. I'm not sure it will/could work, but I'll give it some thought.

Also, I have a couple of ideas on how to fix the alt weather stuff and the spawning by forcing some of the mission cleanup functions. I'll keep everyone posted.

IdolNinja, am i stupid, or the super powers hotkey doesn't work? i tried to enable it with my cousin's pc and it works fine, but whit mine nothing happens. the controls are the default ones and i only have this mod installed, why could it be?

IdolNinja, am i stupid, or the super powers hotkey doesn't work? i tried to enable it with my cousin's pc and it works fine, but whit mine nothing happens. the controls are the default ones and i only have this mod installed, why could it be?

Did you remember to reset all your keys following the included instructions?

Do you own the game on Steam?

Do you own the Trouble with Clones DLC?

well, i don't own the twc dlc and i have the skidrow version, but i resetted all the keys to default. if this can help, the rest of the other hotkeys works, including the brute animations one(for rest of the other hotkeys i mean the special commands, not the teleports)

well, i don't own the twc dlc and i have the skidrow version, but i resetted all the keys to default. if this can help, the rest of the other hotkeys works, including the brute animations one(for rest of the other hotkeys i mean the special commands, not the teleports)

These pirates just never learn. Most of the mods here will only work correctly with the legal Steam version of the game. Plus, they don't even bother to read the forum rules:

Forum Rules said:
1. No piracy - including DLC piracy. This is a permaban on first offense. All versions of SR:TT require Steam. Disagree? Prove me wrong.

I think this thread has seen just about enough negativity for today. So, how about a video showing off some Sandbox+ stuff by my good friend from Japan, masayumemasa:

The upgrades cycle up correctly but not down. In your case, I would expect level 2-4 to show correctly and level 1 to still look and perform like level 2.
I tried it again and although I may have had to press the key combo in some instances, all weapon lvls did work. There is nothing that I can see that would conflict with this (but it is a good thing, yes) because I only have the updated SB+ and FPS Camera mod loaded. As more features are added to SB+, it messes with the functionality of the game pad (ie pressing X on a game pad forces temp weapon changes, LB forces the first teleport assigned to Left Shift, Pressing the Right toggle forces explosions attached to the player) therefore SB+ needs to be compatable with the game pad feature of SRTT for whatever reason people choose to utilize this method of control over the key board + mouse option. I noticed within the .lua that some keys and mouse buttons were unbound to prevent the action of SB+ overiding normal player action and if this is the case, it is also the simplest solution to game pad compatibiltity given that there is an unbound function within the lua script available for the device.

I do appreciate that SB+ is Alpha (even in its already awesome state) and that you are a proud mod creater who has no wish to release mods unless they are in near perfect state. That being said, you also know that the average player loads there game with all manner of buggy rubbish then blames your mod for breaking their game and that can be extremely frustrating. I do have some modding experience (if you bother to check my profile) but no where near your caliber so I do understand some things and seek to improve my knowledge within areas that I do not quite grasp. If you would like to make a list of your priorities and game conditions for testing, I would happy to do so but bear in mind, my reports will be in layman terms because I am not up with the technical know how of both you and your peers.

The problem isn't that it's incompatible with a gamepad. The problem is that both the first person mod and Sandbox+ both use certain keys to achieve different functions. These certain keys that can be used are extremely limited and there will be some overlap by necessity. If you were to remove the first person mod and reset all your default keys following the Sandbox+ instructions then everything would perfectly with a gamepad. Believe me, I know. I use one myself with zero issues.

The problem isn't that it's incompatible with a gamepad. The problem is that both the first person mod and Sandbox+ both use certain keys to achieve different functions. These certain keys that can be used are extremely limited and there will be some overlap by necessity. If you were to remove the first person mod and reset all your default keys following the Sandbox+ instructions then everything would perfectly with a gamepad. Believe me, I know. I use one myself with zero issues.
AHH! (light bulb turns on) yes I experienced this myself but obviously my buggy memory had forgotten. So its back to the camera mod and seeing what can be done to make that compatible with SB+ :) Thank you, I won't bug you any longer about this and if Id get working, I'll send you the file/files.

Feel free to stop by group chat if you want to discuss it. I'd be more than happy to take some time and explain how it all works if you want to give it a shot.

EDIT:
To clarify, Gentlemen of Steelport group chat linked on the main page at the bottom.

Back