Unable to start a game

After starting a new game and selecting the difficulty the screen goes black. I can hear the opening cutscene but if I interrupt it or let it finish the game crashes. I had only just bought the game a few hours ago, so I have no mods or previous saves. I have tried changing settings and verifying the game cache without success. I've attached the most recent mdmp file.

Attachments

• saintsrowgatoutofhell_877048_crash_2015_9_12T6_25_31C0.mdmp
    98.9 KB · Views: 697
If anyone will have problems like this, hope my post will help.
Mini-dump file says "The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it doesn't have appropriate access." The process architecture is x86(32-bit)
The problematic module is ws2_32.dll. That's a WinSocket library. If you have the same error, there's a few ways/steps to fix this.

1. Run with Administrator rights. Should help, maybe game tried to modify some random files in Program Files x86 without admin rights.
2. Reset IE's settings to defaults. Yes, IE is evil,I know.
3. Switch off antivirus. Antivirus tries to protect you PC's files. But it's only painn in the ass when he tries to "protect" Steam.
4. Upgrade to 64-bit system/download 64-bit version of the game.

Hope this helps someone.

o_O

I wasn't actually expecting a reply. I was simply submitting a report in case there was a bug that the developers could fix.
Not long after the report I built myself a new pc (I was playing on a decent but oldish laptop to begin with) and I have no issues at all running Gat Out Of Hell.
Thanks anyway for leaving a suggestion on how to fix the issue :D

I wasn't actually expecting a reply. I was simply submitting a report in case there was a bug that the developers could fix.
Not long after the report I built myself a new pc (I was playing on a decent but oldish laptop to begin with) and I have no issues at all running Gat Out Of Hell.
Thanks anyway for leaving a suggestion on how to fix the issue :D
Lol. Well, maybe new players will see this thread.

Back