Several suggestions for new Lua functions

Hello everyone! As you might already know, I'm working on two Lua scripts at the moment - Sandbox+ (old format) and Crib Mod (lately released on Workshop). And I have several cool features in mind but they'd require new functions. Is it possible to see at least few of these in an update? Thank you so much in advance. :)
  • Get the OS date. That'd allow me to put various unique holiday features which would trigger only on specific days. I've already got several ideas but let's just keep them as a secret for now. ;)
  • Create a custom map icon. This one would be extremely useful in my Crib Mod - a function that'd allow us to specify the icon (make it pretend to be a specifc store, Gateway, activity, diversion, etc.) along with its coordinates and just place it on the map. It'd be nice to have another function that'd remove it on demand too but that's not so important.
  • Create a prompt in a specific place. Again, this one would save a lot of trouble with creating new prompts in Crib Mod. A function to create a prompt that appears in a specific place on the map - so we could set min and max coordinates for it as its parameters and it would dissapear automatically once the player goes beyond them.
  • Trigger the Ship mode. So, well, once you exit the Simulation and go to the Ship you can only walk around. And that doesn't change automatically if you teleport outside. That's why I'd like to ask for a function that'd simply restore the regular gameplay on demand - so we don't have to manually exit the Ship to get the weapons and powers back.
  • Set a custom spawn point (set custom coordinates for the player before the game loads up). I've already managed to create a teleport at startup function but it's kind of hacky the way it is now. Would it be possible to force the game to set custom coordinates for the player before it gets loaded up? Again, this would help a lot with Crib Mod.
  • Teleport to the waypoint. Very basic and even more useful. It'd be awesome to have it in Saints Row IV plus it'd help a lot with testing new stuff.

Last edited:
When I think of it, we could merge "create a prompt in a specific place" function with "create a custom map icon" one so the prompt function would have a map icon as an optional parameter. Because that's basically my point - to mark custom prompts on the map.

Last edited:
  • Create a custom map icon. This one would be extremely useful in my Crib Mod - a function that'd allow us to specify the icon (make it pretend to be a specifc store, Gateway, activity, diversion, etc.) along with its coordinates and just place it on the map. It'd be nice to have another function that'd remove it on demand too but that's not so important.
  • Create a prompt in a specific place. Again, this one would save a lot of trouble with creating new prompts in Crib Mod. A function to create a prompt that appears in a specific place on the map - so we could set min and max coordinates for it as its parameters and it would dissapear automatically once the player goes beyond them.
I agree these could be joined if it is going to be possible, but when you say to create a prompt what exactly do you mean? Are you asking for a floating press Y here type of thing?
  • Trigger the Ship mode. So, well, once you exit the Simulation and go to the Ship you can only walk around. And that doesn't change automatically if you teleport outside. That's why I'd like to ask for a function that'd simply restore the regular gameplay on demand - so we don't have to manually exit the Ship to get the weapons and powers back.
So the ability to swap between the real world and the simulation as far as the player is concerned with weapons, super powers, etc. You want to be able to turn them on or off whenever you want?
  • Set a custom spawn point (set custom coordinates for the player before the game loads up). I've already managed to create a teleport at startup function but it's kind of hacky the way it is now. Would it be possible to force the game to set custom coordinates for the player before it gets loaded up? Again, this would help a lot with Crib Mod.
This one would require the code to figure out where to put the player to do something like ask lua so you can override it. I'll have to think of a good way to do that and also figure out where we do that.
  • Teleport to the waypoint. Very basic and even more useful. It'd be awesome to have it in Saints Row IV plus it'd help a lot with testing new stuff.
Do you mean literally a waypoint or are you just saying to teleport to a location? How would you define the waypoint?

Please understand that new features like this will take a backseat to bug fixing, so I can't commit to any sort of timeline on these.

I agree these could be joined if it is going to be possible, but when you say to create a prompt what exactly do you mean? Are you asking for a floating press Y here type of thing?
Well, not a floating one, I meant something like these mission prompts so it displays a box like "Press E to enter the penthouse". But yeah, my request is a prompt that'd ask the player to press a button for a certain action in a specified place on the map.
So the ability to swap between the real world and the simulation as far as the player is concerned with weapons, super powers, etc. You want to be able to turn them on or off whenever you want?
Yes, that's it, pretty much. Obviously I meant that function to restore everything that gets disabled after you enter the Ship, not only weapons and powers - that's all other minor things like the outfit, the camera setting, homie recruitation, grayed out HUB functions, etc.
Do you mean literally a waypoint or are you just saying to teleport to a location? How would you define the waypoint?
I meant the waypoint that you can manually place on the map. So if the player marks any place with a waypoint, they could teleport there right away.

Again, thank you for actually considering adding this stuff, it means a lot. All these functions I've mentioned would bring some completely new possibilities, and I'd make sure to be the first one to prove it. :D

Back