Infinte Loading Screen starting "Back by Popular Demand"

Well, what the title says. I've finished this quest before a long time ago, but now I'm playing again with different mods and somehow I'm dealing with this issue. I've progressed through the story campaign without problems until now; now my game freeze in the loadin screen upon entering the Broken Shillelagh when I attemp to start the mission to save gat.

I can't remember exactly what mods i added since my last playthrough (it was years ago, I verified cache lately and started adding mods from scratch, made sure no lestover files were present), but the mods I'm using are:

- Faster Game Launch
- SR4 customize any vehicle and wardrobe
- SR4 extra colors mod
- Fan of Saints Clothes fixes and expanded wardrobe
- Better Camera
- Dark Rain
- Disable Superglow
- Stockings Mod Skin texture (no nude mod)
- Additional cheats
- SR4 Ship tod unlocks
- Pusspuss loading screens
- SR4 Sexy Billboards
- Random Encounters
- Expanded Arsenal

All of these mods were added by myself one by one, I don't use mod packs or compilations 'cause I like to know exactly what I'm doing.

Obviously my game is up to date, and my specs (which I doubt are related) are as follow:

- Windows 7 Pro SP1 64 bit
- i5-6500 3.2 ghz
- GeForce GTX 970 4 gb
- 16 GB ram

I've tried disabling the Random Encounters mod, since it crashes the game if starting the Christmas missions, similar to NPC Bevaviour and Spawn mod, but it made no difference.

Any help would be appreciated, I want to continue playing : (

---

Edit: I've had a couple of old saves. One was with the game completed so I couldn't try any history mission, but another was just before the mission to rescue Ben King and I can start it just fine. Now I'm sure there is a specific issue with the mission to rescue gat.

Last edited:
I don't know which mod is causing the crash, but may I suggest using my Simple Mod Manager. It makes it a hell of a lot easier to add and remove mods individually and to always know which mods you have installed. I personally use it to install all my mods for SR3, SR4, and SRGOOH. I do a lot of mod testing so I add and remove individual mods all the time. In this case, you could use it to install and remove individual mods, one at a time, and then see if the game crashes to narrow down the problem.

You don't have any idea which mod may affect that particular mission?

Also, to use your manager, should I verify cache and start from scratch, or I can get it to work with my game folder as it is?

Also, to use your manager, should I verify cache and start from scratch, or I can get it to work with my game folder as it is?
You should really start with a clean install, because then you can always get back to the clean install by just removing all mods.

I personally set it up in my "My Documents" folder (or "Documents") as follows:
  • My Documents
    • SRSimpleModManager
      • Saints Row The Third
        • SRSimpleModManager.bat
        • smmcfg.bat
          Code:
          SET srDir=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Saints Row the Third
        • <mod 1 folder>
        • <mod 2 folder>
        • <mod 3 folder>
      • Saints Row IV
        • SRSimpleModManager.bat
        • smmcfg.bat
          Code:
          SET srDir=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Saints Row IV
        • <mod 1 folder>
        • <mod 2 folder>
        • <mod 3 folder>
      • Saints Row Gat out of Hell
        • SRSimpleModManager.bat
        • smmcfg.bat
          Code:
          SET srDir=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Saints Row Gat out of Hell
        • <mod 1 folder>
        • <mod 2 folder>
        • <mod 3 folder>
Where,
  • "SRSimpleModManager.bat" is the program from the Simple Mod Manager package file, and is the same in all 3 folders.
  • "smmcfg.bat" is a text configuration file containing one line that points to the game directory, as shown (different for each folder).
  • Each "<mod # folder>" contains a single mod, as it would be installed in the game's root directory.
You don't have to have folders for all 3 games like I do, but since I have mods for all 3 games, I like to set up a folder for each game.

When you want to install or remove mods for a game, simply double click on the "SRSimpleModManager.bat" file in the appropriate game's folder, and then install or remove the desired mods.

Last edited:
Yeah... already did read your answer on the other post.

I feel so stupid. I can't seem to be able to delete this thread. Feel free to do so.

Yeah... already did read your answer on the other post.

I feel so stupid. I can't seem to be able to delete this thread. Feel free to do so.
No need to feel stupid, I had a hard time getting stuff together as well back when I was starting my modding adventure. My whole work is mostly based on trial and error, every mistake extends your experience. ;)

Back