Garage model CTD - Vehicle removal via save

I once had a mod that modified the colours that could be used by customization items (vehicles/clothing); but since removing it, one vehicle that required a colour from it (an Estrada motorcycle) causes my game to crash as soon as the model is loaded.

Whether it be at Rim Jobs or a Gateway, as soon as the Estrada is highlighted (and the 3D model tries to load in the menu), the game crashes. Highlighting it in the phone's "call vehicle" menu is fine, but calling also causes a CTD. The roaming Estradas are fine, and can be saved properly of course (as they use the default colours).

My question is; is it possible to remove this buggy Estrada from my garage via the save file? Or to change the colour it is using? And if either, how.

Why not just reinstall the mod, remove the bike, then uninstall the mod?
I'd have done that, but I cannot recall what the original mod was, and there are quite a lot of "colour pallet" mods out there to choose from.
And I thought that maybe a save editor would allow me to remove it, as a few exist, but so far I haven't found one that allows me to edit the garage.

I once had a mod that modified the colours that could be used by customization items (vehicles/clothing); but since removing it, one vehicle that required a colour from it (an Estrada motorcycle) causes my game to crash as soon as the model is loaded.

Do you have any mdmp files related to these crashes in your game folder? I'm not sure how to easily remove the vehicle from your save, but maybe I can fix the crash.

That'd be much appreciated, thankyou.

I do indeed have mdmp files related to this crash (this is the only thing that has caused the game to crash, as far as I know, so I assume that the dumps will have been for that). But just in case, I will deliberately crash my game again and upload the mdmp file that is generated from it.

Here's some information that might be relevant, or at least make it easier finding the problem within the code:
This crash was triggered at the central Gateway (Loren Square, the alleyway under the highway).
The Estrada should be 5th or 6th in my Garage list, and I believe it's the trim colour that was causing issues, but I'm not sure.
I do have other mods running, but they are simple texture/model swaps that all work fine.

Let me know if you need any other information; and I'll be more than happy to help. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• saintsrowiv_1126886_crash_2016_5_27T7_48_6C0.mdmp
    113 KB · Views: 377
Hmmm, that's an odd crash. Would you be willing to send me your save file?

Certainly. Here's the manual save I made right before I crashing the game (it was more recent than the autosave).

Attachments

• sr3save_01.sr3s_pc
    142.2 KB · Views: 530
Certainly. Here's the manual save I made right before I crashing the game (it was more recent than the autosave).
Yep, the vehicle customization colors were the issue. Where it crashed was way late, but luckily someone asserted that we weren't going to make a bad pointer so it was easy to find in debug. Now I'm just sad that we didn't handle missing color data. Anyway, we will handle it in the next version of the beta patch.

I also hacked your savegame to fix the crash for you. Our bit packing code makes my head hurt, but here's the savegame with just the first color choices(candy apple red?).

Attachments

• sr3save_01.sr3s_pc
    142.2 KB · Views: 512
Thankyou so much! :D

It works like a charm now. You are a credit to this Community, sir.
AYIY1nj.jpg

Back