Realism mod

hi, I have one question
how are we gonna streak with this mod ?
with random encounters throwing you too regular ennemies and the NPC crazy AI ?

hi, I have one question
how are we gonna streak with this mod ?
with random encounters throwing you too regular ennemies and the NPC crazy AI ?

I can streak until I finish all the levels just fine.Upgrade your character and it will be much easier.

ok I'm very far from it then I guess (just started experimenting with your mod after finding out that SR3 gave you integrated godmode on a silver platter even in hardcore difficulty)

I think I'll modify the property prices though. I'm far from being an expert at Saint Rows 3 and how stuff works in it but I looked at it and it's crazy
most of the incomes are less than 1% of the property price
which means to make any money from a property you need 100+ occurrences of the money thing
which means with your 45 minutes between city money income you need 100 x 45 minutes so more than 75 hours of playtime to get back your money from buying a property
so ... beside shops (which give reduction in price so it's still interesting to get some of them) all other properties are just a useless money waste

don't get me wrong, I like increased difficulty but this is just grinding in my humble opinion :)

wow the cellphone's always ringing
I mean it's cool that we can do as many as we want of those missions ... however with all due respect toward your work, it's interrupting other gameplay in my humble opinion.
because shared keys unfortunately

There's a few keys I wish would be separated pick up weapons & reload for example
answer cellphone & general action/ enter/exit vehicle would be another

alas it's not to be so as it is, it's interrupting gameplay, because it rings as soon as I'm out of a vehicle for 0.5s and if I don't wanna answer then I can't enter another vehicle or buy something at the store ...

I'm gonna search for a way to mod this:
ok found the value in sr3_city_survival.xtbl if anyone else is interested
default values are :
Code:
<Minimum_Refresh_Time>1</Minimum_Refresh_Time>
<Maximum_Refresh_Time>2</Maximum_Refresh_Time>
<Phone_Rings>4</Phone_Rings>
<Min_Call_Interval>5</Min_Call_Interval>

edit: I think unfortunately I'm gonna have to give up on this mod
it has awesome ideas but all of it seems oriented toward multiplayer
tank mayem easy : 2 rocket shots dead
in single player this is just not playable
the turret is slow, the controls of the tank are clunky at best (arma 2 tank controls where are thou ?) sure it's not the fault of this mod that the tank controls in single player are so bad but it really makes the experience awfully painful for nothing. it becomes more of a luck experience than anything else since the rocket launching gangstas can spawn anywhere on the horizon

In the end my opinion on this mod is:
There must be a middle ground between default SR3 where everything is so easy even on hardcore (+that dreaded integrated god mode) and this mod where everything is just painful and too much grinding...
Still it has good ideas in it

Last edited:
wow the cellphone's always ringing
I mean it's cool that we can do as many as we want of those missions ... however with all due respect toward your work, it's interrupting other gameplay in my humble opinion.
because shared keys unfortunately

There's a few keys I wish would be separated pick up weapons & reload for example
answer cellphone & general action/ enter/exit vehicle would be another

alas it's not to be so as it is, it's interrupting gameplay, because it rings as soon as I'm out of a vehicle for 0.5s and if I don't wanna answer then I can't enter another vehicle or buy something at the store ...

I'm gonna search for a way to mod this:
ok found the value in sr3_city_survival.xtbl if anyone else is interested
default values are :
Code:
<Minimum_Refresh_Time>1</Minimum_Refresh_Time>
<Maximum_Refresh_Time>2</Maximum_Refresh_Time>
<Phone_Rings>4</Phone_Rings>
<Min_Call_Interval>5</Min_Call_Interval>

You could simply cancel the phone call by just pressing the weapon ironsight button(default mouse2).

edit: I think unfortunately I'm gonna have to give up on this mod
it has awesome ideas but all of it seems oriented toward multiplayer
tank mayem easy : 2 rocket shots dead
in single player this is just not playable
the turret is slow, the controls of the tank are clunky at best (arma 2 tank controls where are thou ?) sure it's not the fault of this mod that the tank controls in single player are so bad but it really makes the experience awfully painful for nothing. it becomes more of a luck experience than anything else since the rocket launching gangstas can spawn anywhere on the horizon

In the end my opinion on this mod is:
There must be a middle ground between default SR3 where everything is so easy even on hardcore (+that dreaded integrated god mode) and this mod where everything is just painful and too much grinding...
Still it has good ideas in it
I gotta agree with you about the multiplayer thing.It is much easier to play with a friend than doing it all on your own.It is not impossible in single player though.Tank mayhem missions are a little tricky but still after 3-4 attempts you can still do it,just use the tank minigun on infantry,helicopters and the cannon to the piles of trash,wooden fences,etc...stuff that gives you a lot of combos.You are also right about grinding part,as one playthrough takes me over 100 hours for 100% city takeover and all challenges done on singleplayer.The mod is not for everyone,for example,I have over 650 hours poured into SRTT.

If you own SRIV,you can try my Intensive Hardcore Mod.It's a very similar concept as the SRTT one,but it's toned down a bit.

noob question: I just now jumped into the mod, however I'm only seeing the two files, patch compressed and patch uncompressed.vpp_pc. Are these two files the mod, how do I use them, etc....?

Edit: Nevermind. I got it. I placed the files in the wrong spot, oops.

Last edited:
You could simply cancel the phone call by just pressing the weapon ironsight button(default mouse2).

I gotta agree with you about the multiplayer thing.It is much easier to play with a friend than doing it all on your own.It is not impossible in single player though.Tank mayhem missions are a little tricky but still after 3-4 attempts you can still do it,just use the tank minigun on infantry,helicopters and the cannon to the piles of trash,wooden fences,etc...stuff that gives you a lot of combos.You are also right about grinding part,as one playthrough takes me over 100 hours for 100% city takeover and all challenges done on singleplayer.The mod is not for everyone,for example,I have over 650 hours poured into SRTT.

If you own SRIV,you can try my Intensive Hardcore Mod.It's a very similar concept as the SRTT one,but it's toned down a bit.

Is there any way that the tank mayhem mission could be modified? Even if the tank isn't modified in the mission, maybe increase the amount of money you get from destroying objects? I love this difficulty; it's the best way to play it, but this activity is disproportionately hard compared to the rest of the game. Since we can't upgrade vehicles, and we're limited by the tank's speed and cannon refire. Before I can turn around the main cannon, Morningstar will drive up behind me and hit me with rocket launchers, and there are only a limited amount of repair nodes. I think that there's a limit on how much you theoretically should nerf something, and tanks become inferior to anything that is faster and can turn around faster. I love your work, and this has multiplied my enjoyment of the game, but please consider just some tweaks back towards strengthening the tank? Or at least prevent things with rockets from spawning, or spawning as much? I've read on several forums that the tank mayhem was the deal-breaker for them on this mod. I can live with everything else, and I'm doing fantastically at the game. It's just the tank mayhem. And that's the breaking point for me. I'm going to try again several times (I've tried over 30 times now, no joke), and then I think I might pull out my hair. Anyway, thanks for reading, thanks for your work, and thanks for your consideration. Ciao!

Back