Saints Row IV SRIV SDK Release A: Weapon Tools

I'm currently testing and bug fixing a patch that will allow for nearly unlimited new items/weapons/vehicles/clothing/etc to be added to the game.
Does this include variants and the ability to finally use the fully customizable ccar & gcar for around every car in traffic?

Does this include variants and the ability to finally use the fully customizable ccar & gcar for around every car in traffic?
I actually hadn't thought about using the fully customizable variant for everything. It would certainly give the world more interesting vehicles. Is this just a memory thing currently or is there code that is breaking? Do you have a mod that attempts and fails here?

Knobby, when you fix the patch, will you guys release the SDK B too? Or it's not even done yet? I'm just curious.
The short answer is that they are completely unrelated.

Unfortunately I'm not really in the loop on the SDK drop. Randall was the only one working on the python part for the exporters. I understand there is still some work to do to support drop B. I think we have someone we are trying to strong arm into helping, but it is difficult to do since it is all on a voluntary basis. I'm doing what I can on the code side to help, but right now that is all in this patch.

The short answer is that they are completely unrelated.

Unfortunately I'm not really in the loop on the SDK drop. Randall was the only one working on the python part for the exporters. I understand there is still some work to do to support drop B. I think we have someone we are trying to strong arm into helping, but it is difficult to do since it is all on a voluntary basis. I'm doing what I can on the code side to help, but right now that is all in this patch.

I understand, no problem, I don't want to urge you guys. Thanks for the information!

I actually hadn't thought about using the fully customizable variant for everything. It would certainly give the world more interesting vehicles. Is this just a memory thing currently or is there code that is breaking? Do you have a mod that attempts and fails here?
I don't know exactly. With most cars I can do almostly everything in SR:TT. Even give them up to 20 different rims, all kinds of different parts combinations, and over 5 different color sets or color choices per colorable part.
But a some cars and most of the bikes crash the game either upon save game loading, or after a while when (what I suspect it would be) tries to load the vehicle and the modded variant.
Another bug I noticed is that sometimes the cars spawn with default colors (I.e. the Compensator with white primary and dark red secondary color). But that's really rare.

But a some cars and most of the bikes crash the game either upon save game loading, or after a while

I can't help without a mod or a crash dump. Start a thread in the ask volition forum about it and include some specifics.

Back