Saints Row 4 First Person View *ALPHA STAGE*

Hey guys. I know that I have been out for a little due to personal reasons with the family. Just letting everyone know that I am back and ready to make this mod better! Thanks for the patience!

We need the in car first person view as well... and if you do in fact make this can you have it able to be toggled with a gamepad button like the one for Saints Row The Third had? All I had to do was click the right thumbstick in and it toggled the third person and first person view while in car. With the controls of Saints Row 4 on gamepad the best button to toggle would be CLICKING IN THE LEFT THUMBSTICK instead of the right. Please please make this happen! :)

We need the in car first person view as well... and if you do in fact make this can you have it able to be toggled with a gamepad button like the one for Saints Row The Third had? All I had to do was click the right thumbstick in and it toggled the third person and first person view while in car. With the controls of Saints Row 4 on gamepad the best button to toggle would be CLICKING IN THE LEFT THUMBSTICK instead of the right. Please please make this happen! :)
Alright Freebird. I will see what I can do. That will be very challenging due to the fact that the SDK has not been released. As soon as it does, I will get to work on that!

Currently not working for me on the latest update. The game can't load to the main menu. The "weapon_costumes.xtbl" file seems to cause issues, as the game will start fine if I remove this file. The FPS mod seems to work fine without the "weapon_costumes.xtbl" file, but I don't know what that file does, has any affects on gameplay/visuals, or if it's even needed. I tried both v0.25 and v.3.

If anyone can tell me what the "weapon_costumes.xtbl" does/is, that would be great.

Last edited:
Currently not working for me on the latest update. The game can't load to the main menu. The "weapon_costumes.xtbl" file seems to cause issues, as the game will start fine if I remove this file. The FPS mod seems to work fine without the "weapon_costumes.xtbl" file, but I don't know what that file does, has any affects on gameplay/visuals, or if it's even needed. I tried both v0.25 and v.3.

If anyone can tell me what the "weapon_costumes.xtbl" does/is, that would be great.

Weapon_Costumes is a file that basically is full of flags for every weapon in the game. With all the DLC this game spawns its a file that will commonly be tweaked. Currently we use it to tweak your view perspective so that we can have multiple "cameras" for different weapon types so that the huge weapons don't cover your entire screen but at the same time small weapons do not look tiny. At the moment I'm deep in development for alot of different Arma3 related projects but I will get this file updated as soon as possible.

For a temporary fix you can just delete this file and the mod should still function. However most weapons will have funky first person views.

is it better to not have any DLC installed when installing a mod ?
Just delete the weapon_costumes.xtbl and you should be fine.

After looking over the file I can not get it to stop crashing. I even pulled out a fresh weapon_costumes from the default location and that one crashes the game as well.

EDIT: Issue resolved.

Last edited:
Back