Howfie's SR4 Tools

Batch Archive and Texture Extractor
* Just place EXE and zlib dll where VPP_PC and/or STR2_PC are and run EXE.
* Program will ask if you want to process certain files; say Yes or No.
* Program will search all folders and subfolders of the EXE folder for files, so don't put EXE in C: folder lol.
* VPP_PC and STR2_PC extraction works with SR4 only.
* Works with Inauguration Station as well.
* Texture extraction works with SR3 and SR4 since texture format is unchanged.
* Note that after unpacking all files, there are 44,727 CVBM_PC files to process and over 100,000 files in all the folders. Thus, the program may appear like it's going nowhere for several minutes while it is searching folders for files. Just let it run -- it will eventually get done lol.

Batch Model Extractor
* Coming Soon
* Model format is same as before but I am currently implementing a good way to get the morphs in Blender and or possibly Noesis depending on which is easier.

Attachments

• sr4unpack.7z
    125.9 KB · Views: 1,692
Last edited:
I am a little confused where these files are?
I could not find the files "VPP_PC" or "STR2_PC"
there are similar files found "C:/ProgramApps/Steam/SteamApps/common/Saint's Row 4/Packfiles/pc/cache/
so, should I place it there or not as I believe you said to not put the "EXE in the C: folder" if not there, than where?
or is it the right place, forgive my ignorance but, I am new to modding.
Thank you in advanced.

Last edited:
I am a little confused where these files are?
I could not find the files "VPP_PC" or "STR2_PC"
there are similar files found "C:/ProgramApps/Steam/SteamApps/common/Saint's Row 4/Packfiles/pc/cache/
so, should I place it there or not as I believe you said to not put the "EXE in the C: folder" if not there, than where?
or is it the right place, forgive my ignorance but, I am new to modding.
Thank you in advanced.

Batch Archive and Texture Extractor
* Just place EXE and zlib dll where VPP_PC and/or STR2_PC are and run EXE.
* Program will ask if you want to process certain files; say Yes or No.
* Program will search all folders and subfolders of the EXE folder for files, so don't put EXE in C: folder lol.
* VPP_PC and STR2_PC extraction works with SR4 only.
* Works with Inauguration Station as well.
* Texture extraction works with SR3 and SR4 since texture format is unchanged.
* Note that after unpacking all files, there are 44,727 CVBM_PC files to process and over 100,000 files in all the folders. Thus, the program may appear like it's going nowhere for several minutes while it is searching folders for files. Just let it run -- it will eventually get done lol.

Batch Model Extractor
* Coming Soon
* Model format is same as before but I am currently implementing a good way to get the morphs in Blender and or possibly Noesis depending on which is easier.
OMG I am kind of trying to do the same thing with .BAT, but using Minimual's Tools

THAT WOULD BE GREAT, if you need any info I got some like
- Only FBX 2013 Binary aka FBX 7.4 Binary work in Blender 2.78a to/from Maya 2015
- Phong1 for Materials
- With Flow's & Minimual's Cloning Tools only a small amount of names don't work (So allow a log & ability to continue, labeling each with the Rev# it works with)

Last edited:
Back