Minimaul's Saints Row 2, Saints Row: The Third, Saints Row IV and Gat Out Of Hell tools

To everyone who's trying to repack vpp_pc archives: you shouldn't need to do this. You should only need to repack str2_pc files.
But i'm noob about this, and you still didn't explain how to use str2 + asm files. I need to download those files somewhere? Or it is files that is inside other game files?
If there is some area on this forum that explains it, please send me a link.

But i'm noob about this, and you still didn't explain how to use str2 + asm files. I need to download those files somewhere? Or it is files that is inside other game files?
If there is some area on this forum that explains it, please send me a link.
The str2 and asm files are contained in the packfiles, which are basically just big zip files of all the game data. The packfiles are in the installation folder of the game. To open the packfiles, open the extract packfile GUI app and select the packfile you want to open, and it should extract to a file full of str2 and asm files. I just started modding myself and I'm lurking around waiting for some help of my own, but this should get you in the right direction! Also, you should read this guide to modding basics: http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/saints-row-the-third-modding-basics.597/

Last edited:
Hello Minimaul,

I'm trying to update 2 files customize_player.asm_pc and female diffuse.str2_pc, but I'm not getting, always gives an unexpected error in BuildGUI and closes. Could you tell me how do I update?

Thank you!

Hello Minimaul,

I'm trying to update 2 files customize_player.asm_pc and female diffuse.str2_pc, but I'm not getting, always gives an unexpected error in BuildGUI and closes. Could you tell me how do I update?

Thank you!
I'll look into this one too ;)

I'm a game translator, and help people to play their games in their native language.

I'm trying to translate SR4, but I have problems. Almost all of the game texts are inside "misc.vpp_pc" and here on the forum i've figured out that the game can load the "le_strings" files from the game root folder, without the need to repack any vpp_pc or str2 files.

But the problem are the in-game dialogs. All in-game dialogs texts are inside the big file "voices.vpp_pc". Inside that file, are a lot of "bnk" audio files, and each text for each dialog are stored in its own "bnk".

Although inside the "misc.vpp_pc" exists a file "voices_us.le_strings" that contain the same in-game dialogs as "voices_vpp_pc", the game don't load it.

So, my question for you is: There's is a way to "force" the game to load that "voices_us.le_strings" from somewhere, bypassing the need to edit the big file "voices_vpp_pc"?

Here is a link to the file: http://www.mediafire.com/download/nvw9d6s2526mep2

Any help would be apreciated. Thank you very much!

Huh, I was able to unpack the misc_tables.vpp_pc, I've been unable to unpack anything else though, they all seem to crash upon trying to use the program

I've been wondering this for a while and only now thought to ask; why are the names of the EXE's so long? Something like Stream2.exe would be much easier both to type and to read at a glance than ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.Stream2.exe. I've noticed it's like that with Gibbed's tools too.

It's a way of attributing copyright/ownership to the author of the tool in the name of the tool itself.

Back