Minimaul's Saints Row 2, Saints Row: The Third, Saints Row IV and Gat Out Of Hell tools

Unfortunately I don't think the SR3 texture utilities work properly for SR4. The .cpeg files can be unpacked and repacked, however in-game the textures are missing/don't work.

I am fairly certain I am repacking the .str2_pc (with the appropriate .asm_pc file) correctly, so I am pretty sure the SR3 texture utility is not compatible, unless I am doing something drastically wrong.

Even though I've never used the SR3 texture tool to convert my textures, I think it should work fine since texture format between the two games are the same.

But when I used ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.Stream2.exe to update my ASM file, the game stuck in the eternal loading screen, like the ASM is incorrect.
So I tried updating the ASM with the packer's /asm command, which as I understand only update the files being packed instead of the whole folder, the game with my new textures work fine.

So give that a try.

Even though I've never used the SR3 texture tool to convert my textures, I think it should work fine since texture format between the two games are the same.

But when I used ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.Stream2.exe to update my ASM file, the game stuck in the eternal loading screen, like the ASM is incorrect.
So I tried updating the ASM with the packer's /asm command, which as I understand only update the files being packed instead of the whole folder, the game with my new textures work fine.

So give that a try.

This worked! Thanks.

So give that a try.
Yeah, the ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.Stream2.exe app is more of a debug/testing app for the ASM update code. The "dump" option might be useful for anyone investigating an ASM issue, but that's all.

Generally you should be updating your ASMs using the ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.BuildPackfile.exe or ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.BuildPackfileGUI.exe apps.

Where can I find the ASMs files? I tried to repack the file: "misc.vpp_pc" and it repacked without compression with 100mb file size. But after I put it into game folder, the game crashed.

str2_pc + asm_pc files works like a mod that the game load with priority?

Please, I need some infos about that. Thanks.

So, for some reason when I try to repack a texture I modified and update the asm file, I get an error that the asm does not contain the specified container. I keep naming the sr2_pc file "custmesh_1485826803", which is exactly the file I plan on replacing. I know it's listed in the asm file, so what am I managing to do wrong? Sorry, it's probably something silly, I'm new to Saints Row modding!

To everyone who's trying to repack vpp_pc archives: you shouldn't need to do this. You should only need to repack str2_pc files.

To everyone who's trying to repack vpp_pc archives: you shouldn't need to do this. You should only need to repack str2_pc files.

Just to confirm: So I should just be placing the modified str2_pc file and updated asm_pc file in the same folder as the Saints Row exe, right?

Do you think you could shed any light on why my asm_pc update/Packfile Builder keeps saying, "Couldn't find a container called custmesh_1485826803 in the selected asm_pc file"? The asm_pc file is customize_item.asm_pc. What could I possibly be doing wrong? It's definitely listed in that asm! ):

Do you think you could shed any light on why my asm_pc update/Packfile Builder keeps saying, "Couldn't find a container called custmesh_1485826803 in the selected asm_pc file"? The asm_pc file is customize_item.asm_pc. What could I possibly be doing wrong? It's definitely listed in that asm! ):
I'll check that one out for you.

Back