UPDATED (2023) Installing Texture mods with Special K + Creating them

I have spent many hours on writing to the best of my ability how to install Special K and installing Texture mods with it along with touching on mod creation.

It can be found in a google document: Tutorial Link

Update: Not only have I tested with steam but the process should be much easier now. Like, getting stuff up and running in 5 minutes easy. I made a video

This is for making the mods and dumping textures which is also documented at the end of the google doc

Last edited:
so your guide says when i go to the folder in profiles, there should be a specifically named folder in there and that "if not, something went wrong" but not what went wrong or how to fix it, instead of SRTTR.exe, it's Saints Row The Third Remastered, and already has the logs and SK_Res folders, is everything still fine? or did i somehow fuckup the installation? my SR3 remastered game is installed on my secondary (F:) drive, could that be the cause?

so your guide says when i go to the folder in profiles, there should be a specifically named folder in there and that "if not, something went wrong" but not what went wrong or how to fix it, instead of SRTTR.exe, it's Saints Row The Third Remastered, and already has the logs and SK_Res folders, is everything still fine? or did i somehow fuckup the installation? my SR3 remastered game is installed on my secondary (F:) drive, could that be the cause?
Yea sorry, that should be completely fine.

thank you for the tutorial, I have SR3 original on steam and was able to change some of the billboard and picture frames in the penthouse. however I had difficulty finding the body textures and tattoos, I tired going to Image as Designed or the clothing stores but I dont find those textures in the list, do you know anyway to get them?
I was thinking about changing the body textures with the remastered version

Back