SPOILERS Saints Row (2022) official info

Now that I think about it. I don't really see the "Hipster" gripe people have with the SR reboot, as it seems mainly based off the Urkle-looking numbers guy of the team and the default main character that they used in the CG trailer, when in game she's shown much more casual.

Maybe it's just me, but when I watched the trailers, I must have just been blinded by rage that this was the direction they took with my favourite series.

But re-watching the trailers after reading your comment, it makes sense... I mean, I already knew the game was changing with the times, but my inner rage was preventing me from seeing the true nature of the reasoning behind these changes.

This is just my take on what I think the two separate stories are roughly about:

Julius created the Saints to combat a gang infested city and restore it to peace, but got caught up in all the drug running, influential power, and financial gain, and ended up creating a monster who just wanted more and more power, until they basically ended up controlling the entire universe.

These new guys live in a crime infested city that long abandoned law and order, so the only way to get anywhere in this city is to be better and stronger than the city's main criminal empires at their own game.

Or I may have just done a "Describe a game plot badly" thing.

I'm now curious about what the New Bosses' deal is, like, who is this wild card that these three gang members, all from opposing ones, rally under?

An old friend they shared, or someone new to their group?

I'm now curious about what the New Bosses' deal is, like, who is this wild card that these three gang members, all from opposing ones, rally under?

An old friend they shared, or someone new to their group?
That might be left up for us to decide, but generally I would hazard that the Boss is just a friend of theirs who seems interested in pushing them in this direction.

@Arian8607 - I watched that video, and she mentioned that the meaning of the scorpion (the image on Neenah’s shirt) carries meanings such as
  • Guardianship
  • Death
  • Fertility
  • Defensiveness
  • Power
  • Danger
  • Control)
I…have a really bad feeling about Neenah.

@Arian8607 - I watched that video, and she mentioned that the meaning of the scorpion (the image on Neenah’s shirt) carries meanings such as
  • Guardianship
  • Death
  • Fertility
  • Defensiveness
  • Power
  • Danger
  • Control)
The curse of the fallen Homie.

Lin, Carlos, Aisha... Now Neenah?

Or it could be another Johnny Gat scenario, where she is assumed to be dead, only to return later in the story?

I can only hope.

Edit:
All I know about these characters is the little footage and info we've been given about them, so it's like: "Meh, sounds cool, whatever". But as soon as someone mentions that one of them could be getting killed in the game, it's like: "Noooo, they're my favorite character!".

Edit:
When I think about it, we know that these Saints are starting from literally nothing in this game, and it seems like their outfits progress along with the main plot (Kinda likehow Purgatory progressed throughout SR2's plot).

And I can only assume that this game is going to take the route that most superhero origin movies do. Which is where the Superhero takes at least 50% of the movie to discover all their powers and decide on a final identity and design, before the main event takes place.

So I imagine the colour purple won't start making an appearance on the main characters' outfits until at least 45-65% of the way through the main plot.

And since we've seen the characters in at least 3 different styles in the various footage we've seen so far, it's safe to assume that Neenah is still alive for at least 45-65% of the plot.

Now if we look at the past Saints.

Lin didn't get killed until the 9th Mission (including Strongholds) out of 13 in the Rollerz Arc.

Aisha got killed in the 7th Mission (including Strongholds) out of 15 in the Ronin Arc.

Carlos got killed in the 6th Mission (including Strongholds) out of 15 in the Brotherhood Arc.

As you can see, the kill seems to happen earlier each time, though the order on which Aisha and Carlos get killed may vary depending on which Arc you play first. Unless you play the arcs alongside each other, then the order still applies.

So Neenah would be dead before the 45-65% mark.

Now for Gat's timeline of "incidents".

SR: 7 out of 16 in VK Arc

SR2: 7 out of 15 in Ronin Arc

SRTT: 2 out of 4 in Saints Prologue

Now forget the numbers, and look at the percentages.

His "incident" happens around 45-50% of the way through his plot.

And if people have already picked up on Neenah's scorpion emblem being associated with "death", and Gat was assumed to be dead during SRTT, only to return in SRIV during the 15th Arc in the game out of 21.

Maybe Neenah is thought to have been killed around 50% of the way through her Arc, only to reappear at the beginning of the final quarter of the game's overall story.

Or maybe I've been awake too long today and need some sleep?

Last edited:
That might be left up for us to decide, but generally I would hazard that the Boss is just a friend of theirs who seems interested in pushing them in this direction.

• Guardianship
  • Death
  • Fertility
  • Defensiveness
  • Power
  • Danger
  • Control)
I'm worried too😥

I think folks might get attached to the new crew no problem given enough context and time, especially cus CG trailers for Saints stuff often aren't indicative of the actual game, such as 1's having the Saints originally green like Grove Street or 3's implying that Gat and Loren would live to see STAG.

Back