Remaster Saints Row: The Third - Remastered Now On Steam and GoG

Singa

Succubus
Staff member
b18411a09a95ac012df84eaadfbc4586d05aac17.jpg

As of today, Saints Row: The Third - Remastered is available on Steam and GoG!
Unlike the Epic Games Store version of the game, the Steam and GoG versions have achievements.

On Steam the remaster costs 40€ but is currently 40% off until the 28th of May, and even further discounted if you buy the 3rd Street Saints Bundle that includes the remaster, the original game, and its DLC.
So even if you already own the original game and DLC, you can still get the remaster for much cheaper through that bundle that will be available until June 21st.
Furthermore, the rest of the Saints Row franchise is also currently on sale at 73% off!

On GoG the remaster costs 40€ and is also 40% off to new players, and 65% off to players who already own the original game on GoG

Do the steam and gog releases have any differences compared to the epic release other than the game itself and this low cutscene fps bug going around in the steam forums? Just curious if anything changed in the game files that could make modding easier for the community. 🤔

Do the steam and gog releases have any differences compared to the epic release other than the game itself and this low cutscene fps bug going around in the steam forums? Just curious if anything changed in the game files that could make modding easier for the community. 🤔
So far not much difference and I have both and still they have audio issue and performance is bizarre.

So far not much difference and I have both and still they have audio issue and performance is bizarre.
Yeah just got the Steam version not too long ago and I just now have it fully installed. Another difference I just experienced that most won't care about is I don't have to have 'no size change' toggled in Borderless Gaming, a program I use to make most of my games borderless windowed if they don't already support it. The file structure still looks the same except anything related to Epic is now gone and now has the steam_api dll and steam_appid.txt files as per usual with Steam games. I'm now crossing my fingers to see if my old saves from the epic version will work with the steam version, I don't see why it shouldn't unless if Spearsoft changed the save structure for some reason.

Last edited:
Yeah just got the Steam version not too long ago and I just now have it fully installed. Another difference I just experienced that most won't care about is I don't have to have 'no size change' toggled in Borderless Gaming, a program I use to make most of my games borderless windowed if they don't already support it. The file structure still looks the same except anything related to Epic is now gone and now has the steam_api dll and steam_appid.txt files as per usual with Steam games. I'm now crossing my fingers to see if my old saves from the epic version will work with the steam version, I don't see why it shouldn't unless if Spearsoft changed the save structure for some reason.
Yeah and hopefully the save files should work. 🧐

Yeah and hopefully the save files should work. 🧐
They did, just had to restart Steam as per usual with these saves. 😄 I decided to just start over to get all of the achievements aside from the 5 I got from my last save. Speaking of which, I noticed some misalignments with the text but I could live with that. What is weird is though is what's happening with the homie icons in this screenshot. 😲

image_2021-05-23_131407.png

I assume this has to do with Borderless Gaming but is interesting nonetheless. 🧐 It isn't gamebreaking and it isn't bothering me either.

Last edited:
They did, just had to restart Steam as per usual with these saves. 😄 I decided to just start over to get all of the achievements aside from the 5 I got from my last save. Speaking of which, I noticed some misalignments with the text but I could live with that. What is weird is though is what's happening with the homie icons in this screenshot. 😲

View attachment 28316

I assume this has to do with Borderless Gaming but is interesting nonetheless. 🧐 It isn't gamebreaking and it isn't bothering me either.
I'm glad that the save file worked and yeah It could be from various things but hopefully steam has a patch or something for it. 🙂

I'm glad that the save file worked and yeah It could be from various things but hopefully steam has a patch or something for it. 🙂
Yeah could be. I did some testing though and it seems like Borderless Gaming doesn't have anything to do with it. Can't find anybody talking about this so far. Also I didn't notice this big gray cube but mostly white square that appears instead of the legal text stuff until a bit ago.

Screenshot (1164).png

Yeah could be. I did some testing though and it seems like Borderless Gaming doesn't have anything to do with it. Can't find anybody talking about this so far. Also I didn't notice this big gray cube but mostly white square that appears instead of the legal text stuff until a bit ago.

View attachment 28326
Yikes! I did not notice that grey screen before. Have you tried playing the game in full screen? hopefully the dev's can look into it.

The buggy icons and grey box happen to me when I install sandbox+, didn't happen with the EGS version

Back