Saints Row 2 Saints Row 2 Mega Patch is coming... I hope

Things that would be cool to see on the upcoming SR2 PC Patch:

1- Be able to use Mouse on the menus, and use them as Key Binds on Keyboard Control Scheme. (Mouse Button, Middle Mouse Button, Mouse Scroll, etc.)

2- Be able to edit Key Binds that can only be seen/edited on Gamepad Control Scheme, Now at the Keyboard Section, as an example:

**AXES**
Camera X
Camera Y

**General Controls**
Show Map
Pause Menu
Start Button
Menu Select
Alternative Menu Select
Menu Back
Menu Scroll Left
Menu Scroll Right

**On Foot Controls**

Fight Club Action 3
Fight Club Action 4
Fight Club / Ambulance Action 1
Fight Club / Ambulance Action 2

**Key Binds That Can't be Changed**

Navigate Menu Up & Down (Left Analog Stick/W-S-Up-Down)
Set Waypoint
Add/Remove Bookmark
Change Map Filters
Map Cursor (Left Analog Stick/Mouse)
Map Zoom (Right Analog Stick/Mouse Scroll)
Skip Cutscene
Weapon Select (Left/Right Analog Stick/Mouse)
Next Weapon (Mouse Scroll Up)
Previous Weapon (Mouse Scroll Down)
Food select (D Pad/Arrow Keys)
Flying Controls (With Mouse)
Primary/Secondary Attack (Driving/Aircraft Controls)

(If you use any with Left Alt it makes a annoying Windows sound)

3- Driving controls also be improved for Keyboard and Mouse

4- Have premade control schemes (A) (B) (C) along with Custom Gamepad Control Scheme, Also be able to change between PS3/360 Controller icons. (Maybe even SIXAXIS support for driving like on the PS3 version)

5- Have borderless windowed as an option

6- Have graphical bugs/issues fixed, like the game accidentally loads ultra low quality textures/models, transparency (eyebrows and facial hair) getting effected by the anti-aliasing option, also character shaders breaking sometimes, i know the patch intentions are not for graphical changes but it would be nice to fix at least graphical bugs/issues. (like the billboard glitch, missing samedi drums texture, Moon don't evolve around Stilwater like the console versions, etc.)

7- Be able to have native voice chat on Co-op/MP like the console versions, especially on MP since we playing against strangers, would be cool to hear and talk to them without the need to add them on Steam, since Steam VC only works if you add the strangers to your friends list/group chat, it's not the same feeling of Native VC being integrated in game just like on the console versions. (Leftovers of Native VC feature can be seen on the PC port when you start the game, Windows detects SR2 as a Telephone Call and then lowers the volume of other apps automatically.)

8- Have support for Steam Achievements, like the 360 version.

9- Be able to delete save games as a in game option like SRTT & SR IV

10- Be able to have Custom Music on "Radio Playlist Editor"

11- Have the official console version title update fixes be applied on the PC port fix, 3 Title Updates have been released on Xbox 360, and equivalent patches on PS3, as well as 1 for PC, example:

**Saints Row 2 patch 1.20 General Updates, March 2009**
• Correcting the co-op mission completion and Achievement issues.
• Implemented protection against disc read errors. May reduce or eliminate crashes experienced by some users.
• Players will no longer be able to change the "Friendly Fire" setting during the Cat & Mouse diversion.
• Players will no longer be able to access the weapon radial menu during the Demolition Derby activity, including all Special Derbies.
• Correcting an issue with scripted attack helicopters not firing missiles during missions.
• Added in code support for upcoming DLC. (Players will not notice anything different for this)

**Multiplayer updates by Saints Row 2 1.20 patch update**
• Pipe Bombs will be removed from the default MP weapon loadout when a game begins.
• The default time / score limit for Team Gangsta Brawl will change from "5 min / 25 kills" to "10 min / 50 kills".
• A 5 second period of invincibility will be applied to respawning players. Once an invulnerable player performs an attack, the effect will be removed. Invulnerability will be displayed by a special health bar indicator.

**Key Binds That Can't be Changed**
im not sure why your list of features would include requests for hardened limitations.
personally i would find being able to change weapon switch bindings very useful, oh yeah and thats already in the controls menu lol

you made a very good point in number 6 about the moon and such, it seems like the pc versions hdr bakes the sun and moon into the skybox whilst console it was dynamic. so id support that
as far as fixing for the textures, im not sure what could be done about the dithering. aslong as the textures and science behind how they work remains the same theres not much to do about it except lower your resolution to make it less potent

honestly my only suggestion is to have live mod loading where i can drop raw xtbls and luas into the game say in a folder instead of having to pack it each and every time. this is how datafile versions of the game work (internal devbuilds) as appose to packfile builds (what we have with vpp_pc) with this id also say workshop support like sr4 as a followup.

im not sure why your list of features would include requests for hardened limitations.
personally i would find being able to change weapon switch bindings very useful, oh yeah and thats already in the controls menu lol

as far as fixing for the textures, im not sure what could be done about the dithering. aslong as the textures and science behind how they work remains the same theres not much to do about it except lower your resolution to make it less potent

1- Yeah i guess some of them are considered hardened limitations, others could just smooth the experience to match the console versions, in my opinion of course, not really a fact, lol.

2- I'm talking about the way you select the weapons on the radial menu, You can only use the mouse but on the console versions you can actually either select the Left or Right Analog Stick.

3- As far as i know some objects are broken/missing textures like the moon, the samedi drums, hairs and eyebrows, as i said before, etc.

Back