SuperUI for SR2 v2.9 (No exit prompts in menus, HUD enhancements, better Weapons Cache & More!)

I wish we could rebind the food keys (for me I would do F1-F4) when holding Q, that 1sec I lose by lifting the mouse and searching/confirming the food item is alot of damage that lv 4-5 notoriety mission can put on me
I tried looking at my setting file (from Appdata-THQ) in notepad++ but it's a dat file so it does not show up as readable text/show as unidentified symbols
May I also know which file is it that has the liquor and food shops item description strings, and if they can be edited in notepad or how?

Last edited:
The mod missions don't seem to do anything with the superUI 2.7,
if a fix comes out I would like to know which files (inc lua etc) are for the modded missions section cos there are some things I wanna keep modded how I tweaked eg sr2_city_missions xtbl

I wish we could rebind the food keys (for me I would do F1-F4) when holding Q, that 1sec I lose by lifting the mouse and searching/confirming the food item is alot of damage that lv 4-5 notoriety mission can put on me
I tried looking at my setting file (from Appdata-THQ) in notepad++ but it's a dat file so it does not show up as readable text/show as unidentified symbols
SR2's keyboard input system is highly abstracted and nope, it is not possible to detect F1-F4 from UI scripts.

May I also know which file is it that has the liquor and food shops item description strings, and if they can be edited in notepad or how?
Food descriptions table is located at the beginning of "liquor_store.lua".
Code:
-- Food item description table, taken from drugs.xtbl [nclok1405]
LIQOUR_DESC = {
    ["the_fist1"] = "DRUG_FIST_DESC",
    ["burgera1"] = "DRUG_TWIN_DESC",
    ["chicken_bazooms"] = "DRUG_CHICK_DESC",
    ["blunt"] = "BLUNT_DESC",
    ["40oz"] = "40OZ_DESC",
    ["large_softdrink"] = "DRUG_SODA_DESC",
    ["the_fist"] = "DRUG_FIST_DESC",
    ["burgera"] = "DRUG_TWIN_DESC",
    ["grecian_juice"] = "DRUG_GRECIAN_DESC",
    ["steaming_kabob"] = "DRUG_SODA_DESC",    -- Lacks unique flavor text
    ["hot_gyro"] = "DRUG_HOT_GYRO_DESC",
    ["coffee"] = "DRUG_COFFEE_DESC",
    ["donut_holes"] = "DRUG_HOLES_DESC",
    ["brown_donut"] = "DRUG_DONUT_DESC",
    ["belly_jelly_donut"] = "DRUG_JELLY_DONUT_DESC",
    ["lil_gyro"] = "DRUG_LIL_GYRO_DESC",
    ["dong_tea"] = "DRUG_TEA_DESC",
    ["strange_egg_roll"] = "DRUG_EGG_ROLL_DESC",
    ["sum_old_guy"] = "DRUG_OLD_GUY_DESC",
    ["sum_yung_guy"] = "DRUG_YUNG_GUY_DESC",
    ["40oz1"] = "40OZ_DESC",
}
To change the description text, change the text inside the double-quotation marks. For example, to change the description of The Fist, change both instances of "DRUG_FIST_DESC" to something. (One instance is for Freckle Bitch's and the other for Hard Charred Burgers)

Example:
Code:
LIQOUR_DESC = {
    ["the_fist1"] = "The Fist uses powerful ingredients to empower your mind.",
    ["the_fist"] = "The Fist uses powerful ingredients to empower your mind.",
}

The mod missions don't seem to do anything with the superUI 2.7,
if a fix comes out I would like to know which files (inc lua etc) are for the modded missions section cos there are some things I wanna keep modded how I tweaked eg sr2_city_missions xtbl
If sounds like you are using a "sr2_city_missions.xtbl" from other mods. Make sure you're using the "sr2_city_missions.xtbl" from SuperUI mod before playing a mod mission.

The following files are responsible for mod missions:
  • sr2_city_missions.xtbl: Mission Definitions (used by SR2's game engine)
  • sui_mission_list.lua: Mod Mission List (used by UI)
  • mm_*.lua: Mod Mission Scripts
  • mm_*.cts: Mod Mission CoordinaTeS (list of navpoints, triggers, vehicles, NPCs used by a mod mission)

Thanks, I found out I was tweaking the city missions to cost more respect
and while moving back and forth with every file that I tweak from sr2 I forgot to triple check the city missions in Place your mods here Folder!

SuperUI for SR2 v2.8 released.

stopwatch.png

SuperUI for SR2 v2.8 (December 23, 2020)
* This mod has been renamed to "SuperUI for SR2" to clarify the target game.
* Added "Stopwatch Test" tool to Display options. This tool can be used to test the game's internal timer speed.
* Added an option to enable tutorial popups in missions only (SUI_TUTORIAL = 1)
* You can override Subtitle font size in vint_lib.lua. (SUI_SUBTITLE_SIZE)
* You can change thousands separator (default ',') to a whitespace (' ') by changing "SUI_USE_SPACE_SEPARATOR" to true in vint_lib.lua. Note Stats and Stash messages are unaffected due to technical limitations.
* You can now fully disable the HUD (including Diversion Stars) by setting SUI_HUD_ENABLE to 0.
Note, if you re-enable the HUD from options, you will need to open/close the map a few times to restore the HUD.

SuperUI for SR2 v2.9 released.

SuperUI for SR2 v2.9 (July 22, 2021)
* Restored GameSpy-related menus for OpenSpy. Sadly it doesn't work for me (It lets me create an account but login fails) so nothing beyond the login menu is tested.
* Removed Phone tab from multiplayer lobby (Likely horrible for online play)
* After activating a cheat, the screen will stay at the cheat list instead of going back to the category list.
* The game will automatically unpause itself when using a NPC Morph cheat. (Prevents black screen)
* Updated Sandbox++ help to v0.9

Last edited by a moderator:
Great

Back