Rainy Weather

This rainy weather mod for Saints Row The Third makes it rain much more often and for longer periods of time. It also removes the shadows that appeared when it was cloudy so the weather looks more realistic.

This is a fairly conservative mod. It doesn't add any new weather cycles, so it shouldn't have any negative side effects and it should work perfectly fine in co-op. The only annoyance is when you're fighting zombies. Since zombies don't like rain, they stop spawning in rainy weather, so any zombie missions can be interrupted by the frequent and prolonged rain. Just be patient.

Here's a list of the changes this mod makes to the weather:
1. Clear sky duration reduced to 1/3 of normal duration
2. Overcast and light rain duration doubled
3. Thunderstorm duration increased by 2.7 times and probability increased
4. Thunderstorm wind speed increased (not sure if this has any effect)
5. Sunlight and shadows reduced when overcast or light rain (more realistic)

See ALso
Also works with Saints Row The Third Remastered!

INSTALLATION:

To install, simply copy the files "weather.xtbl" and "weather_time_of_day.xtbl" from this package to the game's root folder.

UNINSTALLATION:

To uninstall, simply delete the two files "weather.xtbl" and "weather_time_of_day.xtbl" from the game's root folder. The weather will return to normal.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

PACKAGE VERSION HISTORY:

1.0 Initial release
1.0.1 No change in the weather, but added Patch Scripts to the package
1.0.2 No change in the weather, but added Patch Script version numbers
1.0.3 No change in the weather, but updated patch scripts to match the latest specification

SEE ALSO:

Weather Mod: Non-Stop Rain

Attachments

• quantum_sr3_rainy_weather_v1.0.3.7z
    10.4 KB · Views: 2,240
Last edited:
Last edited:
I have a problem with this mod, the shadow changes color I do not know why D:
Yes, that's a problem I had trouble solving. My goal was to reduce shadow, but, depending on the surface materials, some surfaces ended up changing color and I never found a fix to that.

Back