Played and loved the Third: Should I try out the Second?

Got Saints Row the Third from the steam sale a while back and just finished it. Now I am wondering if I should try Saints Row 2. Any thoughs?

Got Saints Row the Third from the steam sale a while back and just finished it. Now I am wondering if I should try Saints Row 2. Any thoughs?
If you like SR3, buy SR2. ;)
EDIT:
I started with SR2. I bought it in 2010 year. And I love that fucking game! :D There are great story and real good gangsta climate. Like I say first, if you like SR3, buy SR2. I personally think SR2 is little better than SR3. But it is only my opinion.

You should definitely try it, at least. It is not as solid mechanically, but the story is much more interesting to me, and you've got a wider range of customization options. Especially if you play the PC version with Gentlement of the Row, although i still don't know whether i'd recommend it over the 360 version. Even with Powertools, i have not found it to be particularly smooth.

I also started with SR3 and found SR2 really interesting. It packs a lot of well-scripted dialogues (with memorable quotes), interesting story, great radio stations and activities. City feels very alive due to many ped models (cheerleaders, fishermen etc.) and wide variety of enterable areas. I just don't quite get it why people call it "gangsta"... I haven't finished the game but the only things that reminded me of "gangsta" were: a) tag-spraying b) Pierce c) fair share of low-riders spawning on streets.

I think I'm safe to say that I'd prefer SR2 over SR3 if I had played it first (on console, perhaps).

I started with 3 and got interested in 2. It's dirt cheap anyhow and personally I find that number 2 has more life to it than 3. Be aware though it's one of the crappiest ports to PC I've ever encountered, but playable and enjoyable.

I started with 3 and got interested in 2. It's dirt cheap anyhow and personally I find that number 2 has more life to it than 3. Be aware though it's one of the crappiest ports to PC I've ever encountered, but playable and enjoyable.
My thoughts exactly.

2 is very buggy and glitchy also

2 is very buggy and glitchy also
Yup.
clipping.png
:)

(Those move with the car as it drives!)

Back