SOLVED Suddenly laggin on some spots

I don't get it I've tried all best working fixes with GOTR, Powertools ( caused to crash ) and RadeonPro.
I even replaced the chunks, textures and HDR (SweetFX).
I use also this tripple buffer thing on SR2 trough radeon settings.

When I play normaly SR2, I start with like 40-70 sometimes 90 fps when playing on lowest settings. And if I travel a bit trough stilport, im starting to lag on some spots mostly if im at the gate of this college district.
Its lagging like shit ( 10-5 fps or less ).
Any suggestions what I should try? :(

You might also wanna know my specs:
GPU: AMD Radeon R7 370 Series [Vram 4GB | Core 1030 Mhz. | Memory 1400 Mhz.]
CPU: AMD FX-4300 4.4Ghz. (currently 4.2Ghz.)

Last edited:
Sounds like you installed a lot of mods. Was that all at once or one at a time?

In any case, what's the RAM and CPU usage look like while the slowdown occurs? Run the game windowed and have task manager open to see.

Sounds like you installed a lot of mods. Was that all at once or one at a time?

In any case, what's the RAM and CPU usage look like while the slowdown occurs? Run the game windowed and have task manager open to see.

Uh the Mods didnt came all at once

And I recorded a Gameplay with tripplepuffer etc. and at the beginning im playing with 3 cores later I changed it to 4 cores.

EDIT: Alright after some hrs I noticed when its lagging my CPU usage is going down and my GPU usage to under 10% but if I get some FPS back ( 30 fps for example ) both are going up again.
The FX series are so wierd...

Last edited:
Is this the German version?
I can't really tell
First of all before I play SR2 ever after installing it I use a uncut patch first from gamebanana. The language is on english and censored scenes are visible.
Then after patching GOTR the language is back to german but still like the uncutted SR2 with all activities.
Does it really makes some diffrences?

The Uncut patch claims to make GOTR function by changing the German version into the international release, so that should not be an issue.

Your CPU and GPU are more than capable of running the game, and you have plenty of RAM.

I noticed that the slowdown and stuttering seems to coincide with spikes in hard drive activity. It could be that your game data is heavily fragmented on the disc, or that your hard drive may be starting to fail. But that's just my educated guess.

In any case, now would be a good time to back up your data.

Last edited:
Oh yeah there is something wierd about this Harddisk that I've got. Its some how splitted. One is C: and the other D:. I don't really know exactly make them both to C: (Its only 1 Harddisk).
And no worries, it wont break. I can play many newer game without any big issue like this one.
For example: Saints Row 3, 4 & GOOH, Fortnite, PUBG, CSGO, Payday 2 etc.

Your disc is partitioned into two logical drives. This was necessary with some older operating systems using newer hard drives, as they could not deal with disk space above certain amounts.
That said, the mean time to failure on hard drives is five years of regular use. It is accepted wisdom that it is not a matter of "if" a hard drive breaks, but "when".

Well I don't lag anymore after I optimized my harddisk ( c: and d: )
People who run games on a SSD don't have these problems at all I guess

I assume you mean you defragmented it or ran some kind of cleanup program. Good to hear.

Still a good idea to back up your data every few months.

Back