Saints Row IV Volition Update to SRIV Modding SDK!!

I have an IDE for sr5 first a different city ok and gangs not aliens I like the White House thing but could u put that for the last mission also could we be able to have more cribs and better clothes please think about adding this in your game
o_O

What does this have to do with the topic, at all?
Please try to remain ON TOPIC.
You may want to consider finding a thread in the General Forum to post your ideas or even start a new one.

Hey all,

We now have a release plan that we can put out to the community to give you all a better idea of what modding capabilities we are planning to deliver first. After a lot of discussions we are going to focus on delivering "verticals of modding" that provide specific capabilities, rather than just releasing a collection of tools.

Each release will contain tutorials, example data, new tools, and 3DS Max (our primary content creation tool) plugins that enable a new type of modding. We will also provide information on relevant file formats so that people can create plugins for other content creation tools (Blender, etc).

We will also be putting LUA documentation out in the SDK as well as other file format information. We will of course continue to try and answer specific questions in the forums as well.

With that in mind, the first three planned releases for the SDK will provide the following support:

Release A:

• Create new weapon models and skins to replace an existing in game weapon.
    • Modify weapon stats (names, damage, rates of fire, etc)
Release B:

• Create new character meshes, clothing, and skins to replace existing characters
    • Modify character and clothing stats (hit points, bonuses, etc)

Release C:

• Create new animated taunts that can replace existing in game taunts
    • We are looking at ways to make this more accessible, possibly via doing mocap capture on the kinect
Release D:

• Vehicle Tuning Guide that has a designer go over how we tune vehicles in terms of available settings and their meanings as well as how we approach tuning a vehicle

Other areas we plan to explore after the above are:

• Vehicle modding support
    • Support for modifying and/or creating new missions for the world
    • Modifying world geometry
    • Audio modding
    • Adding new effects to weapons
    • Adding new animations to weapons
    • Adding content instead of just replacing
    • And more driven by community feedback
We aren't posting timeframes as this work is being done in spare time and late nights between people's work on SR4 and "the next big thing for Volition". However, everyone working is motivated to start getting out concrete releases as quickly as possible.

We'll keep you updated on how the first release is going so you can have a sense of how we are progressing!

Cheers,

Jeff

EDIT:
For work in progress alpha tools check out the Volition github repo:

http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/volition-alpha-tools.5629

I was curious, just where exactly is the current situation according to release table above?
Still in first phase or later?
I"ve been gone almost a year now so am so excited to know what progress has been done.

What with the announcement of SR5 and all coming I'm sure Volition will want the community to know how dedicated they are to
fulfilling what was well bandied about last year about mod community support.
So we can all get on the same page and spread the news like we did for them last year.

I was curious, just where exactly is the current situation according to release table above?
Still in first phase or later?
I"ve been gone almost a year now so am so excited to know what progress has been done.

What with the announcement of SR5 and all coming I'm sure Volition will want the community to know how dedicated they are to
fulfilling what was well bandied about last year about mod community support.
So we can all get on the same page and spread the news like we did for them last year.

Release A is out now for weapons, check out the tutorial thread. :) Now that the bulk of the work is done on converting to in game formats, the other releases should not be far behind.

I don't get it...is this some kind of inside joke or what?

From browsing that channel all I could see is that the each uploaded vid has a random subject with a hard to read and understand phrases,what the hell?

I don't get it...is this some kind of inside joke or what?

From browsing that channel all I could see is that the each uploaded vid has a random subject with a hard to read and understand phrases,what the hell?

I just thought it was funny. :)

Been out of the loop a while when are we likely to be able to mod cars etc (specifically take my favourite car and add weapons).

Been out of the loop a while when are we likely to be able to mod cars etc (specifically take my favourite car and add weapons).
Unless car modding is Release B, probably not for a long while

Back