SRV Ideas thread.

The Saints won't actually use the time machine, when Zinjai said we could revisit Earth before its destruction he meant by playing the previous games. Just throwing that theory out there.

What if...

The Saints, with the help of Zinjai, intended to prevent Zinyak from destroying the earth. However, system got f up, Zinjai killed, and the Saints ended up in 1920 with all the classic gangster there.

Wows. I think I can like it.

I agree, i hated having to login the official forum just to get a screen shot of my game character.
I'd like a setup like SoulCaliburV saving screen shots to my system's hard drive not some forum i have trouble accessing.
I remember when I played Saints Row 4 first, when I had to load my MC, it took me a while, because i got the usual message like 'the server is offline'.
But probably in Sr5, unless they don't fix the site, or they don't change the way you can create your character, we probably need to copy all numbers and datas that allow us to create our MC.

I managed to have my MC close to the way i imagine him, but I agree with you. We need a more detailed character editor
"I hope character creation in SaintsRowV is even more detailed like increasing/reducing hair length"

Me too. Also because my MC should have very long hair.
Oh, and i also want (if possible) realistic looking hair, but not stiff like those in Saints Row 2. In this case, I think Sr3 and 4 Hair are better.
I want hair that move when you move around, that look natural, and with good textures.

About hair in videogames
http://kotaku.com/5986952/thank-amd-for-the-best-video-game-hair-ever/

Saints Row may be a little bit late. But I'm sure they can keep up.

In SR3 there was no car scratch effect, but in 4, there is. Also, explosion and its particles are more spectacular in 4, which I totally appreciate. Don't be shittin' me and say there's no improvement in terms of graphic! Lol.

GTAV single player has this wet body effect (when you hit water), sweat (not DOA5 style. It's just a wet patch on your back after walking or running for a while), and dynamic wrinkle normal map which changes the wrinkles on your clothes when you walk and run. These are still missing from Saints Row at the moment. But still, I really appreciate what's there now and didn't expect the quality to be this far back then. So yeah, additional details would be very appreciated. But keeping and staying at the current standard, I still wouldn't be mad.

Does anyone here know if the devs of SRV are actually reading all of these great ideas posted in this thread ?
It's understandable that some things mentioned here may not be featured or possible in SRV but it shows what their customers want and expect.

I'm kind of sure that at least player characters created can be saved within the game that gives the gamer a choice of which saved character they want to play as.

I'm kind of sure that at least player characters created can be saved within the game that gives the gamer a choice of which saved character they want to play as.
Maybe they will create game on new engine with new character creator. But I really want to play with my SR TT/IV char in V

Maybe they will create game on new engine with new character creator. But I really want to play with my SR TT/IV char in V

I'm not sure if there is a new game engine in the works for SRV but even with the current engine it is possible to implement a save character feature and a tool has already been made called the "SR3 Save Editor C" tool made by Corrodias ( http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/sr3-save-editor-c.1042/ )
that can import and export player appearance which only includes face, body, and current clothes; does not include wardrobe, voice, and taunts.

I really can't imagine how much further can they go with the next character creation, if that's what gonna happen. But if that's what they're focusing at, I'm sure they can make improvement.

Weird thing is, although SR3 and 4 seem to use the same creator engine, I think there were adjustment in the parameters. Because when I put the stats of my SR4 character to SR3 and vice-versa, the characters would look different.

Back