Ship TOD controls unlock early

A question for those who already completed the game. Would you say that i miss out on something if i play the game on daytime instead of night, or is it really just aesthetic? (Other than Zinyak wanting it to feel depressing)

Minor Spoilers:

The choice is yours, and that's why when you beat the game we wanted to give players several options to play with in the simulation. I'd say that what you'll miss is the sense of "feedback", the sense of "winning". Early on, you get a pretty standard night sky, when you escape the simulation, it turns a bit more harsh; orange to be exact. When you really piss off Zinyak (around mid game) the sky turns red. Further past that though, there's a glimmer of hope, the sky transitions to violet, steering away from the fiery red. As you really start winning toward the end of the game, you get a soft blue pre-dawn look and when you finally defeat Zinyak and the simulation, you get a sunrise. This is also mirrored in the flashpoints, hotspots, and towers; all of them are Zin red but turn a calming blue once you defeat them. It's all about contrast. It was a ballsy move, but I think it works pretty well.

Minor Spoilers:

The choice is yours, and that's why when you beat the game we wanted to give players several options to play with in the simulation. I'd say that what you'll miss is the sense of "feedback", the sense of "winning". Early on, you get a pretty standard night sky, when you escape the simulation, it turns a bit more harsh; orange to be exact. When you really piss off Zinyak (around mid game) the sky turns red. Further past that though, there's a glimmer of hope, the sky transitions to violet, steering away from the fiery red. As you really start winning toward the end of the game, you get a soft blue pre-dawn look and when you finally defeat Zinyak and the simulation, you get a sunrise. This is also mirrored in the flashpoints, hotspots, and towers; all of them are Zin red but turn a calming blue once you defeat them. It's all about contrast. It was a ballsy move, but I think it works pretty well.
I noticed yesterday as I was playing Co-Op with a friend that the sky was dynamic.
Whenever we were both outside in open-world the sky was nice and bluish, however, whenever he'd go into this one Friendly-Fire, the sky would immediately turn orange, and as soon as he stepped back outside, it'd change back to blue.
Unfortunately, it was late and I didn't get to do any further testing of it to see if it affected any other stores, and/or if it affected his sky in the same way if I went in/out of the store.

*SPOILER* This is still pretty early in the game, we just rescued Matt, but I have gone ahead and hacked all the stores and done all the Viruses.

Minor Spoilers:

Thanks for your answer (and the great game btw:D)! I decided to play all the story missions with the original weather and switch to daytime when just doing random stuff (collect orbs, hack shops etc.)

Minor Spoilers:

If i could ask were you planning to let us do a lot more with the Simulation? I don't want to sound disappointed but i was looking foward to being able to do a lot more with how it endded but i love the game either way. I really did like the Calming blue change to everything.

Is there anyway for me to edit the xtbl file so that the TOD controls are unlocked at another mission? I'm quite deep into the game and am playing on a low spec PC. So I'm assuming the cartoon-ish time of day would raise the frame rate. Thanks.

Is there anyway for me to edit the xtbl file so that the TOD controls are unlocked at another mission? I'm quite deep into the game and am playing on a low spec PC. So I'm assuming the cartoon-ish time of day would raise the frame rate. Thanks.

Sure, just edit the table with a text editor like notepad++ and search for <Unlockable>Ship_TOD</Unlockable>

You will need to cut this from the <Unlockables> section of m03 and add it to the <Unlockables> section of a further mission. A list of all mission numbers and their in-game names can be found here:
http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/mission-names-and-numbering.3223/

IdolNinja my greeting, one question, how i turn at Daytime? i did install the mod, im playing right now is night but how i turn at daytime?

KoU Le!FoH said:
IdolNinja my greeting, one question, how i turn at Daytime? i did install the mod, im playing right now is night but how i turn at daytime?

You'll have to access a computer terminal on the ship. Its at the room where the pool table is.

Back