Minimaul's Saints Row 2, Saints Row: The Third, Saints Row IV and Gat Out Of Hell tools

Correct me if I'm wrong but in Gat Out Of Hell the "customize_player.vpp_pc" file doesn't contain a .asm file, so if I'm using the "Saints Row IV clothing in Gat out of Hell" and "V6 - Cheats + Phone + Store menu in Gat out of Hell" mod and I want to change any of the eye textures, how do I repack the "customize_player.vpp_pc" which contains the "eye_red.str2_pc" file I want to mod?

http://saintsrowmods.com/search/Files/Results?game=5&searchTerm=customize_player.asm_pc

There's a customize_player.asm_pc in customise_player.vpp_pc alright :)

Sorry, my bad :p, is there alright.

So I guess that if I make the change, once I've got the new "customize_player.asm_pc" along with "eye_red.str2_pc" and put it in the main folder, it won't work with "Saints Row IV clothing in Gat out of Hell" and "V6 - Cheats + Phone + Store menu in Gat out of Hell" mods, right?

Is there a way to alter textures inside ".srt2" files and then repacking them to the original ".vpp" file? I've try it already repacking the "customize_player.vpp_pc" (along with the modded "eye_red.str2_pc") using the "ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.BuildPackfileGUI" under "Normal Packfile" and when I select the Red Eye option in the game it freezes.

You shouldn't need to do that. In fact neither of those mods provide a customize_player.asm_pc, just a customize_item.asm_pc in mine plus stream_grid.asm_pc and vint_doc_containers.asm_pc in the other - so you should be able to just shove them in the root.

You shouldn't need to do that. In fact neither of those mods provide a customize_player.asm_pc, just a customize_item.asm_pc in mine plus stream_grid.asm_pc and vint_doc_containers.asm_pc in the other - so you should be able to just shove them in the root.

Ok, I'll try it, I was going for the problem Saint911 had.

But, anyway... I GOT IT!!! :D

Here are the new "red" eyes XD

Here are (what I consider) better version of the white, black and blue eyes.
white.jpg

And now I'll try to mod every eye color to be more similar to the one shown in the Image As Designed:

Last edited:
Yeah, the ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.Stream2.exe app is more of a debug/testing app for the ASM update code. The "dump" option might be useful for anyone investigating an ASM issue, but that's all.

Generally you should be updating your ASMs using the ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.BuildPackfile.exe or ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.BuildPackfileGUI.exe apps.

Thanks Minimaul, for your fine work and revisions on this SRIV tool set that is appreciated and used by hundreds of modders.:)

Would it be possible ( perhaps in a future revision ) to make an application specifically for updating ASM files ?
It would work in a similar fashion in the way that the Gibbed.SaintsRow3.UpdateASM.exe operates.:D

Maybe it could be named "ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.UpdateASM.exe" and then all of us modders would be able to update ASM files faster and with less mishaps.:cool:

Thank you and keep up your good work.;)

Thanks Minimaul, for your fine work and revisions on this SRIV tool set that is appreciated and used by hundreds of modders.:)

Would it be possible ( perhaps in a future revision ) to make an application specifically for updating ASM files ?
It would work in a similar fashion in the way that the Gibbed.SaintsRow3.UpdateASM.exe operates.:D

Maybe it could be named "ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.UpdateASM.exe" and then all of us modders would be able to update ASM files faster and with less mishaps.:cool:

Thank you and keep up your good work.;)
Use "ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.Stream2.exe <filename> update"

Edit: But as I said before, you should really do this step when you build the packfiles, otherwise I can't guarantee it will work correctly - it uses the order of the files in the ASM to decide how to create the str2_pc file.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back