Saints Row IV Latest Steam patch for SRIV breaks weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went on and immediately noticed assault rifles had replaced half my other rifles... Damn I hope they fix this soon.

Luckily, I always check the community hub on Steam while a new update is being downloaded just to play it safe and people are not happy right now.

And Yeti, so far no one other than you has said they're not having the problem over on Steam and I haven't even started the game to find out if it happens to me, I'll just play something else while I hope they get a hotfix out asap.

I really need to disable Steam from updating games without consent first, I believe auto update can be disabled. at least I hope it can be. Skyrim downloaded a really crappy patch a few months back, which they fixed a few days later I believe but there's still a few left over issues they're just not game breaking ones.

I also need to disable Steam from syncing saves, I believe its causing SRIV to freeze when exiting. It's only happened twice but both times it happened, it was right after I deleted save files and that makes me think Steam kicked in the syncing thing before the game was fully exited causing the lockup. I could be wrong but Telltale's Walking Dead game had a few glitches when I had Steam set to sync save files and disabling it got rid of the glitches.

Last edited:
Is it me or this update adds the files for future DLC ...

In the patch notes on Steam it claims it fixes a few issues and adds the files for the future dlc, which makes sense since it was over 600 megs.

Just a shame it messed up most of the gun id's, or at least based on what I read on Steam, that's what it seems to have done.

I have no idea. My weapons are messed up as well, but as I only use my handgun anyway. xD And yes, it also autosaved on my 98% finished game. Though I think these bugs are reversable. If anything, just have a co-op friend ready with a fresh save file, get invited, save your game using the fixed game your friend invited you to and I think you should be fine. With the new co-op system, it works better.

Well if I remember right, Volition is in Illinois.. so its like 6am out there.

If Idolninja hears back from any of them.. it probably won't be for a few more hours and then they have to figure out what went wrong.

Pretty sure its just an id issue and if so, it should be a quick fix. And with any luck those who've saved with the bugged out gun issue, they won't be cursed with a corrupted save.

Can anyone check and see if their RPG and Alien RPG are untouched. Mine seem to have the Upgrades still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back