Gentlemen of Steelport Compilation

Eddie94 said:
Is there any possibility of a nutshot diversion, similar to the "streaking diversion"

Well, anything is possible, but that one is probably unlikely. Also, considering how difficult it is to do nutshots I don't think it would be any fun.

O what about getting rid of the pixels when naked, didn't see it mentioned here (or im stupid and didnt see it). I know you have been messing with it (barbie and ken lol), just something to add. :D

Just going to throw this out there that I think the whole uncensored thing is dumb and I have no desire or inclination to make it part of this compilation. If people want it, then they will have to add it in themselves. The only reason it was ever in GotR was to shut the pervs up who kept messaging me about it.

You can find information regarding censorship in the mod requests forum. I agree that there is no need for it to be part of GoS. Users can easily apply the changes on an individual basis if desired.

Now, as for the mods on that list that i would prefer to be optional that are not already marked as planned to be optional...

• Spectre and VTOL speed mod -- i'm always cautious with things that rebalance things in the game.
  • The hidden cheat enabler would be fine if it didn't reuse existing unlock strings.
  • Remove the annoying popup hints! -- if only for newer players, game mechanics do need some explanation at least once. the unsolicited hints about random things are definitely bothersome, though. If it's all-or-nothing, i'd prefer it to be something you can toggle.
  • Possibly rebalance shotguns and rifles since they seem very weak compared to the other weapon classes like pistols and smg -- the pistols are amazing, but frankly, i'm very unimpressed with the number of shots it takes to kill one person with my level 1 SMG, while my level 1 shotgun is very effective at close range, as it should be. rifle seems fine. Maybe upgrades change the balance significantly. Anyway, rebalancing is stuff i prefer to keep optional.
  • Added weapons i'm hesitant about, but as long as actually USING them is optional, i don't care if they're added to the shop.

Also, i'm curious about what it would mean to have STAG/cop gangs. Clumps of cops sitting on a corner?
I wonder how you'd implement the controls for "Listen to radio or mixtape while on foot".

One thing to keep in mind is that first and foremost everything needs to be as coop compatible as we can make it. Weapon differences between players are usually the worst offender, so those are not likely to be optional. What that means is that we will just have to be cautious with rebalancing and test thoroughly.

[GoSP] Jon said:
Corrodias said:
Spectre and VTOL speed mod -- i'm always cautious with things that rebalance things in the game.
The speed of the VTOL and the Specter do not affect combat, therefore they do not re-balance the game, they just make it more fun to use.

The only small thing I wonder about is the speed at which Cyrus flies the VTOL during a mission. I don't believe the hoverbike is used at all in any missions or activities.

Back