Fixed Giant Planes Handling

I can add those logos in, but first you really need to touch them up in Photoshop (or the image editing application of your choice.) Take a look at them with a dark background and you can see all sorts of extraneous crap around the letters.

I can add those logos in, but first you really need to touch them up in Photoshop (or the image editing application of your choice.) Take a look at them with a dark background and you can see all sorts of extraneous crap around the letters.
ouhh ugly, didnt notice that while making. If you have time and upload the files which belongs to the logos, i can release v2.2 which includes better steering for the planes ;)
but take as much time as you need, i dont want to rush you :)

Attachments

• sr giant planes logos.zip
    164.1 KB · Views: 751
Couple of problems. I'm saving the new logo in DXT3 like the others, but it's not showing up correctly in-game. I've also tried both DXT 5 compression and with no compression. DXT5 does the same thing, and no compression crashes the game when you select the plane.

Also, the lettering looks awful in DXT3 . You're probably going to need to clean it up. Did you actually use a font and then a gradient or effect on it? If you just used an image of a font then that's going to be a problem unless it's much cleaner. You can see how bad it is at the bottom of the R:
d7uPf.jpg

EDIT:
No gradient/effect at all and doing a solid color for both the fontface and the stag logo would probably be the easiest way to get it looking good, considering it's such a small resolution in the first place (256x128)

I'll talk to scanti the next time he's online about the texture issue not showing up. It looks like this:

CFC1833F973FDBAA9A98FD826E43A17BA9656A3F

Works perfectly for me, other than the planes being far too large. Its a pity because unless they can be scaled down to at least be able to land at the airport, there is no place in the game for them other than their respective missions.

I do use Advanced mode and the handling is fine, I just wish there was a way to scale the models down (bit larger than a normal passenger jet) so they are small enough to land at the airport.

I took mass down from 16000 to 1620 and they fly very well. Despite the massive size, I was able to land the Stag Jet on the Thermopylae with pin point accuracy. Also barrel rolls and comes out of a dive nicely. Try flying between buildings (tricky but possible) and the best place to land is ditch in the sea :)

Very nice work, keep it up.

I don't see what worked in the bitmaps how do u do it because I put the pictures in the srtt folder and I can't just directly put the files in the planes_giant0? Or cheats.xtbl file what the fuck

I took mass down from 16000 to 1620 and they fly very well. Despite the massive size, I was able to land the Stag Jet on the Thermopylae with pin point accuracy. Also barrel rolls and comes out of a dive nicely. Try flying between buildings (tricky but possible) and the best place to land is ditch in the sea :)

Very nice work, keep it up.
What are u talking about u can't take mass down

Back