Changing logos?

Hey, so I'm trying to change logos, you know? For a shirt, so I can replace the "Kobra" to something else and so on, thing is I don't really know how, so if anyone knows, can you please give a step-by-step tutorial? No need to have pictures or be very complex if you don't want it to.

It works pretty much the same as the weapon textures you were doing. Logos are stored in all the log_* files in pegs.vpp_pc and textures.vpp_pc.

ui_cl_logos.* is the tilesheet that contains the thumbnails that show up at the store when you browse them.

GotR has a ton of logos included that you can look at to see an example of the RGB values and how they work. For example:
0,255,255 - teal - transparent
255,255,0 - yellow - colorable
255,0,0 - red - black

The further you move away from those RGB values, the less pronounced the effect will be. For example, a muddier yellow, say, 218,220,40 will still take on the color you select from the grid in-game, but it will not be as bright as 255,255,0. For a more subtle black you would want to move away from a pure red to something like 201,56,56. I would also recommend doing very thin drop shadow outlines for your logos which will make it look crisper on the clothing and give it more pop.

Thanks, it worked with the H&S. If you don't mind, I have yet to ask you another thing; I know you can change the tattoos, but what files are they? Apparently they have a variety of it, the clover for example, it has 5 but they're all different with cmdecbal, cmdeclau, cmdecrau and so on.

cmdecbau* are the ones you want. There's a special trick to creating tattoos. Quoted from my blog:
idolninja.com said:
Finally got new colorable tattoos working in-game without clipping! The trick was to use a plain white background (255,255,255) with only pure black for the tat (0,0,0) then change the _desc file from DXT1 to DXT5 and the UnknownFlags1A from 0701 to 0101.

Back