Zero "SWAT" Thirty - A Zero Saints Thirty retexture

zero_swat_30.png

zero_swat_30_ig.png

zero_swat_30_helm.png

Version history:
v.2 - Current
Fixed the overall helmet colour not matching the rest of the outfit.
Added 4 colour variations for the helmet's visor
Removed an incorrect custmesh file for the male helmet, and replaced it with the proper one, so the helmet recolour will now work on male characters as intended.
v.1 - Outdated
Initial upload.

Overview:
This mod replaces both the Zero Saints Thirty combat suit and helmet with a much darker version that bears blue highlights. It also removes all of the Saints branding and replaces SAINT with the abbreviation SWAT (Special Weapons and Tactics) to the back between the shoulderblades. The helmets visor has also been recoloured.

There are currently 4 visor colours to choose from; Blue, Green, Purple or Red. Each download contains the full outfit, along with the appropriate visor colour; so you need only download one zip file, unless you plan on swapping colours.

After following a rather brilliant, in-depth retexturing tutorial by Konrann for the sake of simply learning how to retexture in Saints Row IV, I decided to upload the results as I was rather pleased with the outcome.

Installation:
!! If you already have customize_item.asm_pc located in your Saints Row IV directory, then it's important that you don't overwrite it with the file included in this mod's download. If asked to overwrite customize_item.asm_pc always say no !!

• Open the zip archive named ZST_<Colour>_Visor.zip (<Colour> obviously being the colour that you've chosen)
  • Open the folder inside, named <Colour> Visor (again, <Colour> being the colour you've chosen)
  • Drag and drop the files included into your Saints Row IV directory (you can ignore readme.txt)
  • If asked to overwrite customize_item.asm_pc, say no, then run ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.Stream2Update.exe (not included in this download) after you've finished copying the mod files
  • If you weren't asked to overwrite customize_item.asm_pc, then you don't need to do anything else
  • Run Saints Row IV and enjoy
Note: This is almost definately my fault and/or an issue with my system, but when developing these retextures, I encountered some problems when running ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.Stream2Update.exe after overwriting previous texture str2_pc files for this mod with different colour variations, where it would cause a crash to desktop when the game loads in the helmet model. I'm not sure what's causing this, but for this reason alone I recommend that you back up your customize_item.asm_pc file before running Stream2Update if you're using this mod.

I need to run ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.Stream2Update.exe but I don't have it:
That's fine. You can download the required tool kit from the following forum thread:

http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/minimauls-saints-row-iv-tools.3188/

Licence:
Free to use for personal use in conjunction with a legal copy of Saints Row IV.
Redistribution or modifications of any kind aren't permitted.

Attachments

• ZST_Blue_Visor.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,344
  • ZST_Green_Visor.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 845
  • ZST_Purple_Visor.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,092
  • ZST_Red_Visor.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,488
Last edited:
Updated to v.2
Fixed the overall helmet colour not matching the rest of the outfit.
Added 4 colour variations for the helmet's visor.
Removed an incorrect custmesh file for the male helmet, and replaced it with the proper one, so the helmet recolour will now work on male characters as intended.​

Back