XTBL limits

This is to document the limits XTBLs have, if an xtbl has not been listed here it simply hasn't been documented.

No limit = game engine dynamically allocates space for entries.
Hard limit = number of entries is capped by the game engine.
Soft limit = number of entries is not capped by the game engine, will cause memory corruption if you go over this limit.

These limits have been confirmed as of version 1.0.0.1.

ammo.xtbl
Ammo - no entry limit (no limit? needs confirmation), unmodded has 34 defined.

customization_categories.xtbl
Category - no entry limit (no limit? needs confirmation), unmodded has 78 defined.

customization_compositing.xtbl
Composite_Layer - max 600 entries (hard limit), unmodded has 374 defined.

customization_default_items.xtbl
Default - no entry limit (no limit? needs confirmation), unmodded has 55 defined.

customization_flags.xtbl
Flag - no entry limit (no limit? needs confirmation), unmodded has 39 defined.

customization_icons.xtbl
Icon - no entry limit (no limit? needs confirmation), unmodded has 10 defined.

customization_items.xtbl
Customization_Item - max 858 entries (hard limit), unmodded has 574 defined.

customization_materials.xtbl
Cust_Material - no entry limit (no limit? needs confirmation), unmodded has 7 defined.

customization_normals.xtbl
Normals - max 8 entries (hard limit), unmodded has 8 defined.

customization_slot_defaults.xtbl
Slot_Default - no entry limit (no limit? needs confirmation), unmodded has 7 defined.

customization_stores.xtbl
Store - no entry limit (no limit? needs confirmation), unmodded has 15 defined.
Store_Item - max 256 entries (hard limit).

homies.xtbl
Homie - max 28 entries (soft limit), unmodded has 24 defined.

horde_mode.xtbl
Player_Character - max 5 entries (hard limit), unmodded has 5 defined. Game will crash if you try to add more than 5 entries.

respect_levels.xtbl
respect_level - max 50 entries (hard limit), unmodded has 50 defined.

unlockables.xtbl
Unlockable - max 318 entries (hard limit), unmodded has 312 defined. Adding or removing an entry will cause crashes when loading a save.

weapon_upgrades.xtbl
weapon_upgrades - max 69 entries (? limit), unmodded has 64 defined. Adding 5 will cause inability to load save data, and more than that will cause inability to reach title screen in my experience... slammed my head against this limit a few times and thought I'd post it. Please correct if neccessary, but otherwise very easy to edit with lots of success.

Wow. Thanks for this very informative post.

I dont' know if there are limits for height. I've not tried insane values.
The highest I tried was 1.35 and that was too tall to get thru doorways without crouching, so that was sort of a limit.
For the record 1.28 seemed a sensible top end limit. Low enough to make it thru doorways in the game I found so far without
crouching and only some issues with engaging in melee at times, wiffing (missing) hits when opponent would crouch at
that height but could engage otherwise. No counting sprint melee , those seemed to work fine.
(for the record for those that dont know, there is mention in the thread 'steve's height mod ' in the help section here on where to edit this value) https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/index.php?threads/steves-height-mod.507/#post-3185

As for breast and body. I'd be very interested to know if anyone has managed to extend these too. My only experience
is with dummybumps mod and it takes things pretty extreme already (morph 2) however I've tried to edit his xtbl and none
of my edits seem to do anything even with greater or smaller values. Not sure (strike that, no clue) what is going on there.
(edit to player_creation.xtbl)

Back