1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xtbl Editor

Discussion in 'Tool Releases' started by bojan, Dec 12, 2011.

1. I created this quick and easy tree style .xtbl editor, it shows all nodes in a collapsible tree for easy editing of files. It Makes use of the <Name> child nodes to help identify weapons, vehicles, items, etc.

It currently has no sorting, I may add sorting and filtering in the future, this was just a quick tool so I can tweak weapons faster.

Edit: Here's a screenshot http://screensnapr.com/v/qrlnly.png
    Screenshot feature seems to be broken, you'll have to use the link

Download

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2016
  2. 50percentJoe

50percentJoe Modding patch tester

Just tried it... and wow... this is an immense improvement over how I've been doing it, thanks a ton!

3. This is great, makes it alot easier to read and tweak things. thanks

4. Perfect. Simple.

Thanks.

5. [GoSP] Jon

[GoSP] Jon Screw you all

Nice. Some of the XBTL's are a nightmare to navigate. You've definitely got my download.

6. Minimaul

Minimaul Site owner Staff Member

Have you considered something a bit more like this?[​IMG]
    Screenshot is from my prototype xtbl editor for SR2 (one of these days, I'll finish it :))

The TableDescription element contains all you need to parse and fully understand the document (and this is what this editor does).

7. All very good stuff :) thanks

8. it would be good if you could add things using the </TableDescription> like in weapons.xtbl of thing that can be used/added in a drop down menu.

9. Thanks!

10. Uzi

Uzi

Though this lacks all I want it is wonderful for properly sorting the xtbls. Major advantage is when saving a xtbl file
    it properly segments the various headers(nodes) of the file so later reads of the xtbl , say via a notepad type editor, are much
    easier.

Thumbs up.