Worth the risk?

Also recommend getting a controller if you don't have one already as driving using a keyboard in this game is super sensitive. The problem can be made worse if you aren't getting a smooth/consistent framerate.

While GotR has an optional mod that does decrease turn sensitivity, IIRC, it makes it near impossible to perform sharp turns for both you and NPCs.

I never had such an issue with the driving myself on the PC version using keyboard, but I admit I did find myself driving much better in SR3/4. I'd figured it was because I' gotten better and the physics were easier, but I suppose it could have been SR2 was stupid precise, and slamming into stuff was more the car jerking about.

As for the audio and smoothness.. that's probably the biggest problem you're going to have. Even with the tools it's a little unpredictable for framerates. You can mostly get used to it, but it will crop up at bad times. Nothing to do about it really.

However, I still suggest the PC version, for the simple fact that GotR makes the game a fair bit better, and we can add more and more stuff to it as time goes on. The console version is static, although it WILL be the only way to get the DLC. That's a factor no one's pointed out.. only consoles get the DLC. Worth it over mods is debatable, as mods can only go further when we get the sdk. Still a point to consider.

While GotR has an optional mod that does decrease turn sensitivity, IIRC, it makes it near impossible to perform sharp turns for both you and NPCs.

Only on certain vehicles, you'll have to test out all the vehicles until you've found some that're to your liking. For me, it makes the turn sensitivity on Attrazione, Superiore, Zenith and Cruiser/Five-O just nice. Though, when I play Trail Blazing challenge I will remove that mod, because it works terrible on Toad.

Last edited:
That's a good point. As I've said before, when the PC version comes on sale this cheap, there's no reason not to buy it for PC. You miss out on buying the dlc (heh) but in turn get the moddable game, and it's FAR FAR FAR cheaper than the xbox version. Steam sales are very good for driving up demand. I'd say find a pricepoint you don't mind losing a bit of money on if it's really a hassle (mine is about $5) and if it goes below that buy it. If it's still slow and weird, well, you have a game that's a bit buggy but tremendously cheaper than most games which are worse (aka 90% of the games out there, sadly)

The other thing is while a controller is better for driving, mouse and keyboard remains the best method for on-foot shooting, without argument. I found that swarms of enemies were a lot less threatening when you realized that their heads were all the same level, and I could swing mouse to pop them one by one in a row. Try doing that without a lot of fighting with a joystick and hoping auto-aim doesn't go for center of mass! :p

lol who buys games for pc anymore... we do , ofcourse. because we support the game developers so yeah, we do, i'd say but it because its better than gta 3 and 4 as far as character costumazation. the driving sucks tho, thats the only bad thing about the game. and u can also play online on steam...like i do, because i have steam, because i bought the game, i didnt download it from torrents just so u know...so yeah...

lol who buys games for pc anymore... we do , ofcourse. because we support the game developers so yeah, we do, i'd say but it because its better than gta 3 and 4 as far as character costumazation. the driving sucks tho, thats the only bad thing about the game. and u can also play online on steam...like i do, because i have steam, because i bought the game, i didnt download it from torrents just so u know...so yeah...

Lol, that post changed direction like, three times. Are you trying to imply that somebody here is pirating? I don't get it o_O.

Back