Will Mods affect Co-Op players? (SR4)

I'm new here. :)

I was wondering if having mods installed on my game will affect other co-op players? Sometimes I will play SR4 with friends and was wondering if there are negative side-effects to having mods installed.

Such as...
1) Is it possible to play Co-Op campaign online IF your game is modded and the other player's is not?
2) Will the other player see the mods that I have added?
3) Is there a convenient way of turning mods ON and OFF?

Thank you guys!

I think both players must have same mods installed for prevent bugs and or crashes

In case of turn off mods, I would suggest verifying game files to revert the game on its original state.

Well, SR series rather good handles with mods in coop play, almost everything that i tested worked fin in coop, even mods that alters character's skin visible on other player's side.

I found out with my brother that if you have mods, but the person hosting the server does not (or has cosmetic mods that simply change how the game looks) then it'll work fine without crashing.

So if you have a bunch of non-cosmetic mods, for instance I have a custom Tweak Table that makes the Mech walk faster, and join someone else's game, then yours overwrites theirs.

So with my custom Tweak Table, in the mech sections of the game, I ran faster than my brother because I had mods but I joined his game.

But yeah, the only mod I've found buggy with this method so far is the NPC Spawn and Behavior Mod, which you can safely remove each time you play with someone else, and reinstall it when you're not. I remove it because if I don't, it adds a bunch of Genki's to the streets that YOU can see, but only your COOP partner can defeat. It's a mess, so I just get rid of it for the play session altogether.

and what about mod added outfits and the like? will the mod outfit render for the other player? I would presume not, right? Im just now looking into various mods, I dont really want to change the game up too much. but I spotted a mod for the "saint of all saints" outfit which is ofcourse, badassery incarnate.

I think steam outfit mods work as a clone of a certain item. If your partner doesn't have the mod installed they simply will see the cloned item. Other outfits like the removed clothes just appear as invisible (i.e. your character will be shirtless on their end), same thing if you use custom colours

Back