Why must peds dance so strangely in SR4?

Good day humans!

I noticed that when the pedestrians dance when the dubstep gun is playing, they dance, freeze for a second, dance again and so on. I was wondering if this is intentional or if this is happening because my computer is not exactly the highest specs that it could be for gaming. I have a small Toshiba laptop which does farely well for playing games, however, every now and again the game (both SR3 and SR4) will completely freeze, and ALT+F4 does nothing, I have to sign out and sign back in again which as i'm sure you can imagine is rather inconvenient. So, could it be a possibility that this ped freezing may have something to do with my computer not being up to par or is this an intentional feature of the game?

EDIT: I realise that the way in which I have worded parts of my thread may be confusing, my apologies for this. Allow me to correct myself and clear up any possible confusion.
What I meant was, could the fact that the peds dance this way be related to my computer not being up to par? I was not saying that it is related to the dubstep gun in any way since the game freezes when I am not using it. SR3 also occationally freezes but not as much as SR4 does.​

Last edited:
I always wanted to know why too. Why people?

Well, i tested the Dubstep gun and i dont see a reason why it isnt intentional , yes they "freeze" for seconds and im pretty sure it is meant to give it a more robotic style dance, if you pay attention, peds stop moving at a certain beat of the track.

And for the crashes, the workshop updated kinda broke SR4, i dont have a gaming pc either but these games run pretty well with mid specs, so maybe it can be both your pc and the game itself whats causing the crash. :oops:

Last edited:
I always wanted to know why too. Why people?

Yes, the game crashes sometimes with or without mods.

Well, i tested the Dubstep gun and i dont see a reason why it isnt intentional , yes they "freeze" for seconds and im pretty sure it is meant to give it a more robotic style dance, if you pay attention, peds stop moving at a certain beat of the track.

And for the crashes, the workshop updated kinda broke SR4, i dont have a gaming pc either but these games run pretty well with mid specs, so maybe it can be both your pc and the game itself whats causing the crash. :oops:

Ah, I thought it was intentional but I wan't sure, I do need a better computer though. time to upgrade the technology on my ship :D Thanks for the help.

Back