Which file do I extract, and which should I modify to change the cash penalty for dying?

:S You tell some one else this info on another thread im confused why your asking your self

The Weapon Rebalance mod changes the death cost from $500 to $10000. Related change in tweak_table.xtbl:
HTML:
<Tweak_Table_Entry><Name>Death_cost</Name><Value>10000</Value>
<Description>The amount of cash you lose by dying.</Description><_Editor>
<Category>Entries:Misc</Category></_Editor></Tweak_Table_Entry>

Just edit the Death_cost value there back to its default of 500 or you can even make the game have no death cost at all by setting it to 0.

:S You tell some one else this info on another thread im confused why your asking your self

• That other thread you quoted from is a Saints Row the Third forum post. This is a Saints Row 2 forum post. Different games.
  • I didn't mention which file to extract from (because I don't know, and which is why I am asking here).
  • That other post asks about which mod in SR3, modifies the cash penalty for dying in SR3. I'm not talking about a mod here. Nor SR3.

Last edited:
  • That other thread you quoted from is a Saints Row the Third forum post. This is a Saints Row 2 forum post. Different games.
  • I didn't mention which file to extract from (because I don't know, and which is why I am asking here).
  • That other post asks about which mod in SR3, modifies the cash penalty for dying in SR3. I'm not talking about a mod here. Nor SR3.
The only diffrence is SR2, mod or not its exactly the same file :p
and after alot of looking around as iv never modded SR2 my self so I dont know the files, I think I found what your looking for

so common.vpp then I sort by type so list all xtbl files toghter, and the table your looking for I think not 100% looks right tho is
gameplay_contants.xtbl then search for death, ther is 2 listings you might need to change one is like player death cost and other is like death cost or somthing along then lines along as you search for word death and check all entrys for it you should be fine :D

so common.vpp then I sort by type so list all xtbl files toghter, and the table your looking for I think not 100% looks right tho is
gameplay_contants.xtbl then search for death, ther is 2 listings you might need to change one is like player death cost and other is like death cost or somthing along then lines along as you search for word death and check all entrys for it you should be fine :D
Thanks for that. I found the following lines in gameplay_contants.xtbl which include the Death_cost variable:
HTML:
        <Death_and_busted>
            <Death_Cost>500</Death_Cost>
            <Busted_Cost>500</Busted_Cost>
            <Death_Cost>2000</Death_Cost>
            <Busted_Cost>2000</Busted_Cost>
            <respawn_delay_ms>4000</respawn_delay_ms>
            <fadeout_time_ms>6000</fadeout_time_ms>
            <mp_respawn_delay_ms>5000</mp_respawn_delay_ms>
            <mp_respawn_invulnerability_ms>1000</mp_respawn_invulnerability_ms>
            </Death_and_busted>
and
HTML:
        <Element>
            <Name>Death_Cost</Name>
            <Type>Float</Type>
            <Display_Name>Death Cost</Display_Name>
            <Default>200</Default>
            <MinValue>0</MinValue>
            </Element>
        <Element>

It seems that there are a couple of Death_cost variables with different values (200, 500 and 2000). What does each of these 'Death_cost' variables change? Which should I edit if I want to change the player's cash penalty for dying?

Thanks for that. I found the following lines in gameplay_contants.xtbl which include the Death_cost variable:
HTML:
        <Death_and_busted>
            <Death_Cost>500</Death_Cost>
            <Busted_Cost>500</Busted_Cost>
            <Death_Cost>2000</Death_Cost>
            <Busted_Cost>2000</Busted_Cost>
            <respawn_delay_ms>4000</respawn_delay_ms>
            <fadeout_time_ms>6000</fadeout_time_ms>
            <mp_respawn_delay_ms>5000</mp_respawn_delay_ms>
            <mp_respawn_invulnerability_ms>1000</mp_respawn_invulnerability_ms>
            </Death_and_busted>
and
HTML:
        <Element>
            <Name>Death_Cost</Name>
            <Type>Float</Type>
            <Display_Name>Death Cost</Display_Name>
            <Default>200</Default>
            <MinValue>0</MinValue>
            </Element>
        <Element>

It seems that there are a couple of Death_cost variables with different values (200, 500 and 2000). What does each of these 'Death_cost' variables change? Which should I edit if I want to change the player's cash penalty for dying?
No idea as said above I dont mod SR2, just change them to certain numbers then run the game and test :p

Back