Where will Saints Row go next?

First a small goofy sandbox game where you combat gangs and take over Stilwater, now a game where aliens invade and you enter le matrix and get superpowers, now a game set in HELL.

So maybe the next step is overthrow god and take over heaven?

Yes, next game will be: Shaundi Out of Heaven

(Just kidding. I hope that next game will be "normal")
I also hope it'll wind down a bit to make the wackiness stand out more, but to me it's not all about wackiness.
Saints Row 3 and 4 felt like downgrades, you couldn't customize cribs and there weren't those delightful unmarked buildings to go inside of, like the hotel in Saints Row 2 (which was there for a hitman mission but still, it was cool).

Don't forget you could rob liquor stores and there were secret islands like the Volition island and the giant bunny. Mmmmm

I think it would've been awesome to have super powers in Saints Row 2 because the world was full of content, and it was hardly "normal" to begin with. You could play as a naked obese black woman with a purple beard hitting people with a foam finger while driving a truck that sprays feces.

As much as I love the crazy saints row I guess going back to "normal" would be a nice change of pace at this point. Gat Out Of Hell seems to be the final part of the Saints Row IV narrative so we'll see soon enough what will come next.

I honestly don't care where they go, whether its returning to being more grounded or doing something ridiculous again, but I do hope they maintain some continuity instead of going the retcon route. SR3/4 really got me to actually care about the characters and cast, and likely they would be the main reason why I would want to play SR5.

I honestly don't care where they go, whether its returning to being more grounded or doing something ridiculous again, but I do hope they maintain some continuity instead of going the retcon route. SR3/4 really got me to actually care about the characters and cast, and likely they would be the main reason why I would want to play SR5.
True, but where else could Volition take these characters? Unless we did time travel, I don't see much else they could do with them now that they're floating out in space sans an Earth.

Speaking of which, you'd think that they would've used time travel to go back in time, off Zinyak and saved the Earth by now, but clearly they haven't done that.

True, but where else could Volition take these characters? Unless we did time travel, I don't see much else they could do with them now that they're floating out in space sans an Earth.
Maybe back to Stilwater. I don't know.
I would like to see Saints Row Online. Multiplayer where you create your Saint and play... I think I don't have to explain how multiplayer works.

Back