Saints Row 2 What the intended usage of Unused Lua Functions like "never_die" or "on_tagged"?

There are a couple of Unused Gameplay Lua Functions that do not have any useful effects when used, like "never_die", "on_tagged", "store_discount", "should_skip_intro_cutscene", etc.
Do you have any info of these mysterious functions?
Are these functionalities stripped off from the released version of Saints Row 2 because these were only for debug build?

I don't know anything about the others, but never_die was (is) an incredibly useful debug tool. It resets your health to full as soon as it hits zero, so it's more universally useful for gameplay testing than simple invulnerability.

I don't know anything about the others, but never_die was (is) an incredibly useful debug tool. It resets your health to full as soon as it hits zero, so it's more universally useful for gameplay testing than simple invulnerability.
Thanks for answering! I imagine never_die have been used by the developers for testing health bar animation and "screen becomes redder as you get hurt" screen effects.
Sadly the Lua version of never_die seems has been stripped off from the release build, though the Cheat version is still in the game.

Back