Well....What now?

Where do you see the Saints Row series heading?

• Total voters
Title says it all, What happens now? or what do you guys expect to happen with the future of this franchise?

Realistically, I can't see anything else but them doubling down on the tone and story that was given to us in the reboot.

Fans of the Original Duology's tone is too serious be rolled over into any sequel, and I dont see them admitting defeating by rebooting again.

I can see them going an Sr3 route where the tone has changed just enough, but not too much to the point we see these main saints as different characters, and with gearbox's record and style of "humor" I can easily see this being the case again of just going all in with the sillyness.

Ideally I would like to see a return to form, but if these past few years have taught us anything you're more likely to win the lottery than that

I truthfully think they will go an SR3 type route where they keep the characters, and previous plot but overhaul the entire tone, look/ artstyle

Also, has anyone noticed discussion of these games have been absolutely dead since the post launch of the reboot+its DLCS? It feels like even SR fans just want to forget this series ever happened, reddit and the discord are dead as ever

Honestly They wont back with the Gangster theme and yep somewhow will surpassed silly stuff than before and yep... Probably will doing Crossover with Borderland series(If i want to play serious Saints row sure i can replaying the classics)i really dont have any faith with them at this point...

And if They want to made Next SR... I dont think its gonna reboot and probably made OG saints but with silly and cringe dialogue thats all i think about it later.

Also, has anyone noticed discussion of these games have been absolutely dead since the post launch of the reboot+its DLCS? It feels like even SR fans just want to forget this series ever happened, reddit and the discord are dead as ever
Because no one knows how to have a conversation about the game without it delving into an "us vs. them" argument on literally any social platform. For instance, I've been VERY critical of the reboot, but since I still get some sort of enjoyment out of it, I get labeled as a shill and my opinion is automatically invalid. So people feel like it's a losing battle in hoping for a neutral discussion about the game where it doesn't devolve into insults, pile-ons, and all that mess.

Title says it all, What happens now? or what do you guys expect to happen with the future of this franchise?

Realistically, I can't see anything else but them doubling down on the tone and story that was given to us in the reboot.

Fans of the Original Duology's tone is too serious be rolled over into any sequel, and I dont see them admitting defeating by rebooting again.

I can see them going an Sr3 route where the tone has changed just enough, but not too much to the point we see these main saints as different characters, and with gearbox's record and style of "humor" I can easily see this being the case again of just going all in with the sillyness.

Ideally I would like to see a return to form, but if these past few years have taught us anything you're more likely to win the lottery than that

I truthfully think they will go an SR3 type route where they keep the characters, and previous plot but overhaul the entire tone, look/ artstyle
Back to this though, I don't think they're going to double down with the tone and story. They have a LOT more room to set the franchise up for a serious route. They're more than aware of the reaction from the community as per the transfer from Deep Silver to Gearbox. So if that means something then I'm kind of excited to see how they'll help Volition with getting the franchise back on track. (Hopefully). Gearbox is a lot more interactive in terms of community, so as long as players are honest, respectful, and realistic about their comments, concerns, and criticism. Then maybe we can see good change.

Personally, I feel like the reboot as it is now, is a solid base for a good sequel. (In terms of where the story can go and gameplay.)

Its been dead Because the game has been forgotten... Yep some Players dissapointed The glitch makes them Rage quit cant even Take the last fast travel photos even if they announce updated bugs&Fixes...

The DLC also not worth it hell if you paying dlc for wellington thats a crimes its just samedi slow car in notoriety 5 you can also get it free in free roams in SR2... So far the car still slower even i take it to rim jobs... The Official pages Also didnt update more updates last time they only post something in Dec 21-2022.

Because no one knows how to have a conversation about the game without it delving into an "us vs. them" argument on literally any social platform. For instance, I've been VERY critical of the reboot, but since I still get some sort of enjoyment out of it, I get labeled as a shill and my opinion is automatically invalid. So people feel like it's a losing battle in hoping for a neutral discussion about the game where it doesn't devolve into insults, pile-ons, and all that mess.

Back to this though, I don't think they're going to double down with the tone and story. They have a LOT more room to set the franchise up for a serious route. They're more than aware of the reaction from the community as per the transfer from Deep Silver to Gearbox. So if that means something then I'm kind of excited to see how they'll help Volition with getting the franchise back on track. (Hopefully). Gearbox is a lot more interactive in terms of community, so as long as players are honest, respectful, and realistic about their comments, concerns, and criticism. Then maybe we can see good change.

Personally, I feel like the reboot as it is now, is a solid base for a good sequel. (In terms of where the story can go and gameplay.)
I understand where you come from about the reboot being hard to discuss but we did almost wait nearly a decade from Volition to give us what we got, I disagree with your assesment of it being us vs them, not that that hasnt been a thing in the SR fandom w/ stilwater v steelport, I think it is more players being so disheartened after a decade of asking for a return to form, so why would volition listen to us now?

I am curious to see what Gearbox does to the series and where it takes it, Voilition feels aimless as to where it wants to take the series, they tried to please everyone and got liked by no one, theres no way they wont atleast lean into one tone wether that be silly or serious, I hope they dont go the middle ground route like the reboot

Although I do agree with enough work they could make these characters work and its setting, to me personally I feel SR2022 really feels like a huge chunk of the story and original concept just got cut out or forgotten it really makes me wonder what they cut out of this game, even its filename is SR5 I mean the small copy pasted interiors or outside stands with inaccesible buildings really makes me feel like they got rushed into putting it out, Santo Illenso has so much detail on the surface

They should take alooks from CDPR... Calling criticism as the haters is a big mistakes"Oh y'all stucked in nostagia and want another gangster theme again is that it"nope Soft reboot could work and i'm okay if this game shouldn't use SR IP....

While CDPR Takes the criticism and almost all bugs and glitchy gone and its been awhile you can see how Player Rage quit because they cant Plat their game for achievement&One person are unlucky Reboot broke his Xbox forever because his Xbox freeze with some mission on reboot and then must turning off first and then his xbox broken forever and also after that he swear never play Volition games again.

Last edited:
This is what I see Volition doing: One large story based DLC for the Reboot, the story doubles down on all the crap from the base game, it gets panned critically and comertially and Volition is forced to become Gearbox's own Reflections (the guys who made the Driver games and now all they do is just code support for the larger Ubisoft games)

My dream scenario would be that the DLC starts where SR2022 drops off, and reveals that the whole base game was essentially a Netflix adaptation being shot at location, and now some alternate timeline versions of the SR2 Saints (Pierce, Shaundi etc) were supervising* an adaptation of the Saints brand (* They were just sitting behind the cameras smoking pot, reading magazines, generally not paying attention) and then you have to do a new Boss (this one is suppoused to be the OG Playa) they release the adaptation, it obviously flops and now the Saints have to rebuild their rep by actually taking over Santo Illeso from the real gangs of the city, most of them similar to the ones seen in the base game, but they are actual threats and we get some cutscenes from their perspectives showing us how smug they are about the Saints trying to do anything after getting their rep wrecked and then they become more and more desperate as the Saints take over.

3 separate arcs like in SR1-3, new mechanics, you can actually buy grenades, molotovs, etc. You get the idea.

This is what I see Volition doing: One large story based DLC for the Reboot, the story doubles down on all the crap from the base game, it gets panned critically and comertially and Volition is forced to become Gearbox's own Reflections (the guys who made the Driver games and now all they do is just code support for the larger Ubisoft games)

My dream scenario would be that the DLC starts where SR2022 drops off, and reveals that the whole base game was essentially a Netflix adaptation being shot at location, and now some alternate timeline versions of the SR2 Saints (Pierce, Shaundi etc) were supervising* an adaptation of the Saints brand (* They were just sitting behind the cameras smoking pot, reading magazines, generally not paying attention) and then you have to do a new Boss (this one is suppoused to be the OG Playa) they release the adaptation, it obviously flops and now the Saints have to rebuild their rep by actually taking over Santo Illeso from the real gangs of the city, most of them similar to the ones seen in the base game, but they are actual threats and we get some cutscenes from their perspectives showing us how smug they are about the Saints trying to do anything after getting their rep wrecked and then they become more and more desperate as the Saints take over.

3 separate arcs like in SR1-3, new mechanics, you can actually buy grenades, molotovs, etc. You get the idea.
Maybe They would Made hipster Going into Stilwater and yep somewhow ruin the original Stilwater who would guessed.. and also they probably will hear this 😬

Maybe They would Made hipster Going into Stilwater and yep somewhow ruin the original Stilwater who would guessed.. and also they probably will hear this 😬
Unlikely, seeing how they are so out of touch with their own community of fans.
Still, wouldn't put it beyond them to make something worse than the reboot just to spite us.
They are not going back to Stilwater, tho. They've been caught on record saying how much they hate the first two games.

Back