WORKSHOP Weapons... Lots of weapons.

After playing around a little with some weapons uploaded on the workshop by creators, specifically @50percentJoe and @flow754, I got their weapons to actually work on NPCs.

SRIV kinda missed the mark with weapons. It's great that you can swap models, but it's kinda immersion breaking when the NPCs spawn with the default weapon model. I've been trying to change that for a while, with little success. The mod patch format however seems to help me quite a lot.

20221031211300_1.jpg
NPCs can actually wield custom added weapons, as long as they're defined correctly in items_3d.xtbl and as long as they're preloaded.
This AR-50 XMAC @flow754 put up on the Steam Workshop is working perfectly fine in the hands of an NPC, as you can see. This specific weapon only doesn't have textures in its preload model. The T3k Urban and the TEK-Z10 they've made also worked flawlessly.

So... for the request. If there are people out there able to make weapons for SRIV on the steam workshop, similarly to how @flow754 has been able to, I would like to hear from you!

EDIT: I'd like to add on after tireless hours of adding, testing, et cetera, that a good amount of weapons I have been able to put into the hands of NPCs:
- The KA-1 Koba by Slick
- RE5 SMG Pack by HenryOfCarim
- RE5 Rifles Pack by HenryOfCarim
- T3K Urban by Flow & Joe
- AR50 X-MAC by Flow
- TEK Z-10 by Flow & Joe

This is kind of an experimental thing, but it will eventually be part of a newer iteration of Past Gangs Spawning mod. I'll release that not only when it's done but when I have the green light from the creators of these weapons.

Last edited:
Back