Weapon Radial Menu....

I know this is an example from IdolNinjas post, but I feel it is SUCH a big issue it should have its own thread. I don't understand why it was changed from SR3 because that worked just fine. The game pauses/menu comes up even if you use hot keys to switch weapons! It's ridiculous and by far the worst thing wrong with the PC version.

I think it should be an option.

Personally, I like the pause so I have time to think about what I want to switch to in the midst of mayhem. I would also like to extend it to shops too, since in SR3, entering a shop would remove notoriety, this one does not, and you get kicked out of the menu when you are attacked. And considering how easy it is to get notoriety with the super powers just by running...

Also, if you want to have a little fun with the radial menu pause, hit and release it rapidly so that it opens and closes really fast. If you are fast enough it creates a pretty neat slo-mo effect ;)

Well I wouldn't mind it AS much if it actually paused the game, but(atleast in coop) it DOESN'T pause it, and so aliens and stuff just keeps shooting at you while you try to get your weapon out.

Well I wouldn't mind it AS much if it actually paused the game, but(atleast in coop) it DOESN'T pause it, and so aliens and stuff just keeps shooting at you while you try to get your weapon out.
The problem with that, programmatically, is that if it were to actually pause in co-op, your partner would get the 'Game Paused' screen every time you want to change a weapon, and surely that would get annoying REALLY fast.

Yeah, so they should just remove it...or just make it the same as in SR3 where it's in the corner of the screen and doesn't disrupt anything. Or at LEAST disable it when you are trying to switch to weapons with 1-8/hotkeys.

Yeah, so they should just remove it...or just make it the same as in SR3 where it's in the corner of the screen and doesn't disrupt anything. Or at LEAST disable it when you are trying to switch to weapons with 1-8/hotkeys.

I play with a gamepad, so did not notice this, but tried 0-9 and see what you mean. Between it coming up, and the delay, I can see your frustration.

Just want to chime in and say I agree with everything in this thread 100%.

I think a good solution would be for gamepads options to have a "classic" radial toggle where it acts like an overlay and doesn't pause the game. i.e. the black background would be transparent. In addition to that, remove the pausing and radial completely when kbam users scroll the mousewheel or use the number keys for weapon switch.

I agree that an option to have an SR3 type of weapon wheel or something else would be nice, but I think that you should definitely be able to keep the current one if you want it. I use a keyboard and mouse, but because I switched the powers to the 1, 2, 3, and 4 keys I use the mouse wheel exclusively for weapon switching and really like having the extra time to make sure I'm selecting the right thing.

Back