Wardrobe Color Change Mod v4

[V] IdolNinja

Volition Staff
Wardrobe Color Change Mod v4 by IdolNinja

This mod allows the player to color already purchased clothing while in the wardrobe.

INSTALL:
Move the included store_clothing.str2_pc and vint_doc_containers.asm_pc files to your sr3 install folder:
..\steam\steamapps\common\saints row the third\

CHANGELOG

v4
Updated to work with Gangstas in Space and Trouble with Clones

v3
Updated to work with Genkibowl DLC patch

v2
Updated to work with the new steam patch on 12/12/11

How it works:

The wardrobe check for the color pallete and wear options was changed from:
if Store_clothing_is_wardrobe == false and item.colors.num_colors ~= nil and item.colors.num_colors > 0 then
TO:
if item.colors.num_colors ~= nil and item.colors.num_colors > 0 then

Also, the next if then block was changed from:
if Store_clothing_is_wardrobe == false and item.num_variants > 1 then
TO:
if item.num_variants > 1 then

In simple terms, the changed code no longer checks whether you are in the wardrobe, so it will process all the color pallete and wear option code at either type of location (store or wardrobe.)

Attachments

• wardrobe_color_change_mod_v4_IdolNinja.rar
    27.3 KB · Views: 21,123
Ok, running this and the Deadalus enabled mod. Worked fine until I went to my garage after changing the color of my jacket and shoes. The music stopped as it loaded in the vehicle screen and the game froze.

zidders said:
Ok, running this and the Deadalus enabled mod. Worked fine until I went to my garage after changing the color of my jacket and shoes. The music stopped as it loaded in the vehicle screen and the game froze.

As I mentioned in response to the comment you left on my site:

Both mods are from interface.vpp_pc so you would need to rebuild the asm if you wanted to use them together. Or, simply wait for the upcoming Gentlemen of Steelport compilation that will dynamically build a new asm based on options you choose.

Very convenient mod, thanks mate.

It always annoyed me that we couldn't change the Decker's outfit LED color, this fixes it.

Very useful mod:D .but what if I wanna use it with the vehicle customization enabler.
To rebuilt the asm_pc I' ve tried the Gibbed tools, but the exe-files failed to start. :confused:

You're going to need to learn how to use the tools, or just wait for the Gentlemen of Steelport compilation where it will build the asm dynamically based on what options you choose.

The easiest way to do this would be to put your str2_pc files in the same folder with the tools and the asm file you want to update. Then create a batch file with the following command:

Gibbed.SaintsRow3.UpdateASM.exe vint_doc_containers.asm_pc .
^ exe + the asm to update + the folder where the str2 files are (. is current)

You're going to need to learn how to use the tools, or just wait for the Gentlemen of Steelport where it will build the asm dynamically based on what options you choose.

The easiest way to do this would be to put your str2_pc files in the same folder with the tools and the asm file you want to update. Then create a batch file with the following command:

Gibbed.SaintsRow3.UpdateASM.exe vint_doc_containers.asm_pc .
^ exe + the asm to update + the folder where the str2 files are (. is current)

Thank you for your help and I make it!
Really looking forward to GoS compilation.:D

Back